Friday, May 04, 2007

The Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars..

I'm reading "The End of Oil" by Paul Roberts. Written 2004. The book is quite fascinating actually and the chapter on hydrogen fuel cells tell me alot about how it will work. Actually, it needs a fuel like national gas to or manure in the tank . There is an electric wire which separates the electrons from the proton then another wire to rejoin them again.

Chapter three tell you all about the hydrogen fuel cells and how they work. Do you remember before 9 11 and Bush's stat of the union address actually had to consider domestic policies..that was when he mentioned hydrogen fuel cell cars... and I was stunned as so many Americans were watching the address. It was the first time we had ever heard anything about hydrogen fuel cell powered cars. What? Was my reaction.

But, after 9 11 Bush never had to worry much about domestic policies because every other word was trying to get us over there in Iraq to protect "our interest" over there. In other words the "oil".

Or maybe he did refer to hydrogen fuel cell cars again in 2002 (or maybe it was the first time); but never the less, it was suspected that he mentioned it in the 2002 state of the union address to avoid the politically dangerous task of raising fuel efficiency in American cars.

It seems people are actually losing interest in the hydrogen fuel cell idea. My personal opinion? Well, Fords are still catching on fire. And any other American made car are still rated below average by Consumers Reports...check it out!

Why would the American public "risk" leasing or buying a hydrogen fuel cell car made by the American auto industry?

I love this quote at the end of Chapter three by Frank Lynch, a former automotive engineer who now designs hydrogen generators, "I'm afraid that when we finally get people to stop associating hydrogen with bombs and the Hindenburg explosion, the next work they'll think of will be 'scam.'" I love it! It got a chuckle out of me..

Hm! I'm glancing through the rest of the book and do not see a single chapter about using electricity (created by windmills). Remember "Who killed the electric car?" Rent the DVD, you'll love it! A real eye opening. Netflex has it. It's so good I bought the DVD.

Anyway, electricity is here! We won't need special fueling pumps or fueling stations.. on a regular outlet. Hello! California, and only California, because they gripped enough is allowed to sell the $2,000 kit that the owner (or dealer) can convert his existing Prius to become a plug-in. Don't you just love it? And haven't the auto dealers and the government just kept it as quiet as hell. Except for the DVD "Who killed the Electric Car?" I believe they mention it.

I do believe that hydrogen fuel cell powered vehicle will never fly :) It's a scam people from the government to you so you actually think they have clean air, non-oil dependent future plans. But when they did do is built more super sized SUVs like the Ford Excursion that get ( and get a load of this.. of course you'll have too... I mean gas..) which gets a mere 4 (yes I said four) miles per gallon in the city. That would be like driving my condo around town.

Now would be crazy enough to buy one of these buildings? Someone already maxed out on his credit cards? Oh that reminds me, read "Maxed Out" by James D. Scurlock. You love it!

I need to get reading because next I want to read. "The Two-Income Trap" by Elizabeth Warren and Amelia Warren Tyagi. Another good read... I could tell just by reading the first few pages.

Don't you just love this stuff?

No comments: