Thursday, July 12, 2007

Frozen Nose

Yes, it's July! I was at the dentist and he was watching TV as he pumped me full of pain killer in my upper gum under my nose. He really pumped me full...more so than any dentist in the past. He kept the needle there for a long time to fill two little cavities. I'd say 15 seconds which seems more like 30. I was out of the dentist office at 9:15 AM, it's now 10:06 and my upper lip and nose and even front teeth now are more frozen. My nose is stopped up.When I asked if his hand was over my nose and remarked I can't breath. He says. "Oh, your nose got frozen too, hey?" Hello! He was watching TV and making some comment about a sports event the whole time he was sticking the needle in my upper gum.Men are just more rough. I need to find a nice, gentle, caring, concerned woman dentist. As far as I am concerned men are mechanics with a mechanic's touch and a wrench in their hands.I stay with this practice because my ex's sister is the hygienist there. I have seen dentist come and go, about four, one a woman. I never had the pleasure though.Anyway, I suppose in about another hour, the feeling of pushing on a cork or wood, will where off. It just seems to me like they should be able to time the freezing better with the service. It only took him fifteen minutes to fix two shallow, little cavities that the hygienist found...no dentist came in to exam me that day. The one was there. She took X-rays, so I know a dentist viewed those.

I see their point however, fast in fast out, and see about 30 patients per day. Probably more, I'm not taking the time to do the math. They over lap them you know, when one is freezing up they are working on another..so probably 100 patients a day..if they are that busy. However, I know many people who hate going to the dentist so therefore don't go. Simple as that! I go faithfully every six months. Even the hygienist parents don't go faithfully. Her brother choose some backwoods dentist who doesn't use state of the art equipment to save a buck I guess. Hey, they have the same choice of insurance as I did..yet they choose not to see their sister as hygienist. I find that rather odd. It's her livelihood and she is good. I drove from another state because she was my girlfriend's sister...and besides she's good. She's been doing it for probably 25 years. We are lucky to have insurance.

You would think that doctors and dentist would get on insurance companies to offer more affordable and payable insurance. Now I'm drooling from the side of my frozen mouth. Oh, that's real cute. The only plus: Can't drink or eat until this wears off!And what ever happened to that spit bowl in the dentist office. The hygienist has one, but the dentist doesn't. The dental assistant puts some prep stuff in my mouth that settled in the back of my mouth. I certain didn't want to shallow it so I spit it across the room onto the already slopped up spit upon wall. No, I'm kidding, of course. I spit the crap into the tiny, thin little bit around my neck.Thank god, I have insurance. I know that I am most fortunate. I have pretty teeth too to show for it. Can you believe that I worked with people who were fortunate enough to have insurance as a benefit and still never went to the dentist. See, I appreciate my health, beauty, safety, and youthfulness. I take care of myself. Hell, I treat my car (and the ones in the past, all four of them since I was 16) as well as myself. I believe if you respect your body and your car or whatever you have it will last you a long time, and do you good back. Hey, it's karma...it's the powers of your inner self connecting with other spirit throughout earth and the universe. We are all energies, connected by thoughts and speech.Gee, if only we truly knew how powerful we were. Just how many people you think really respect their bodies and their over all health? Look around you? Many people allow the "outside" world to lead their lives. We can create our world from within. We are in control and have power over our lives and our environments if we choose.I"m sitting outside at the visitor's center in the park. The little birds hopping and dancing at my feet are putting on a show in return for food. Sorry, I don't have any just right now.The Aces doubles tennis matches are in town and the man four blocks away behind the microphone must be giving everyone earaches. Hell, I'm about to line up for court 4. Evidently their are kid tournaments going on first before the professionals get here. Venice's sister, Uranus ( I can't think of her real name...oops almost had it...gone again. Starts with an "s". Serena?) Actually, I do like Uranus. They are both out-of-this-world star tennis players anyway. God, the power behind their swings scares me through the TV. Excuse me while I wipe my drooling mouth. It's 10:30 AM now.. I figure at least another 45 minutes before I can eat and then I'm off to the artist guild for three hours of fun drawing and golf at 4:50..that's golf time It's never on the quarter hour.

It's 10:41 AM, I'm getting hungry and I'm still frozen..so can't eat. Is this just insane? Oh, I guess he thinks it going to hurt. I think, dentist think, like this one, they can be as rough as they want and you are not going to feel anything...well, not for two or more hours. Hey, but my upper lip is swollen now.

No comments: