Sunday, November 02, 2008

Butt Down Feet Up!

Yes, the best thing about running a half marathon - the finish line! Well, let's put it this way.. I love my own private neighborhood training runs listening to NPR as I run. Of course I don't kill myself pushing myself - anyway, evidently not since my time was 2:23. I wanted 2:15 or 2:18. My best in 2005 was 2:18.. on Excel Gel. Maybe I should try that again instead of Zip Fizz and during the run - Bloc's with green tea caffeine. I had a bunch of them this morning - I think and that is what probably caused me to get a little light headed after I crossed the finished line - that or the fact that they ran out of race completion ribbons! The faster people got them all. Most people finished the race in 1:38 or less! Yes! All ages even my friend who is 44. A 50 some year old woman did it in under two. Even the woman my age groups 60 to 64 finished in about 1:38 or something under two hours.

Not me. I finished in 2:23.. a woman won first place in the 65 to 69 age group with 2:21. So I guess I need to be older :) or knock off at lease 20 minutes. I love my girlfriend but at times I wish she were less critical and more loving and sweet. I could use more affection! Is there such a person out there? You know just a sweet loving person! Where's that "arm around me - kiss on the cheek" encouragement?

People are so defensive, guarded and critical! My friends are very sweet actually! We are good friends. But where's the warmth in my girlfriend? What is with that?

Oh well! I'm really not looking for anyone to live with - that's for sure! Certainly don't need relatives or straight people friends.. not unless they are very open like Holly and Randy..they are very sweet!

Oh well! Love is what it is.. she never says she loves me either. I tell her I love her? Like where's the romance! I've heard her friend say she is very guard of her feelings...got that right! So suspicious! She's very frugal - in more ways then one I guess!

So, I thought for every pot there was a lid! I love my ex but she wasn't very warm either - in her way.. she is! Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for? Maybe it's not there. Now that I think about it I've seen more affectionate men with their women - in my time. And not controlling - but just loving! I say good for them!

I had wonderful neighborhoods and I really only seen them occasionally while running in the park and I saw them just the other day. And he says "Hi followed by my name". I was surprised they still remembered my name. Both of them were very sweet! And perfect pot and lid set! How sweet is that?

I guess people show and demonstrate their love in many different ways.. I think we, or I, only need to "assume" that people love and miss me if they don't see me for a while! I'll go with that! We all love in different ways and in different degrees..and being loved and being able to love is the most important thing in this life!

Well, as must as I feel like writing today.. guess I'll work on my book.. a lesbian stared mystery novel.. or add a few twist here and there. It's a who done it - to the very end and with a surprise motive. Lots of twists and turns - I like that!

Someone once told me that my writing flowed nicely and interest was health and visualization embedded. The piece was about a solo bicycle adventure I took. It turned out to be a learning experience in faith and mankind. My spirit guides were there - all the way to protect and guide me as well as making the adventure interesting and even though quite physically painful - I learn the human body is capable of just about anything we set you to put it through! Our bodies are led by our thoughts! And that philosophy certainly helped me during my half marathon run this morning! Ran without pain.. just could have had a little more fire and power going for me.. maybe I'll shake a few more pounds and add a little more muscle..Can't grow longer legs so that out! I think the fastest person overall was a woman who ran the half marathon in 1:16. She sure was thin!

In the end.. and I'm still sitting on my rear end.. it's a load off my mind too. I should be getting less anxious about these things. I slept good last night with a little 2/5 mg Valium help.. even with the bed banging below me..the fan helped with drowning out the pleasure cries. I have a lover - so naturally I don't mind hearing others have sex. Funny isn't it! As long as we're getting it too..we don't care. Personally I think everyone should get as much sex as they need! It's important - that human contact...can't get any closer than that!

Butt down feet up.. I'm half way watching recorded History channel about the presidents. It's a lovely day.. 75. The sun is shinning in and my patio door is open.. if neighbors are gone I'll play my sax for a bit! Love it!

I love the warm enough weather absent the need of furnace heat! I haven't had my furnace on yet! No need! Life is grand! I thank the universe for all of my blessings and for this wonderful completed in decent time, run! And painless! Thanks! You are wonderfully appreciated spiritual guides!

The run is done.. I'm kicking back and feeling very relieved and blessed! Life is good! Friends are priceless! Now to work a bit on that book! I wish to do something profound and famous before I past on to my next life. Something of recognition.

No comments: