Monday, June 04, 2007

Same Sex Marriage

We pay taxes; therefore, we should be able to marry! Period. End of discussion.

So I guess the only two democrats I could possibly vote for is Mike Gravel, who supports same-sex marriage and Dennis Kucinich, who supports same-sex marriage. And Opposes constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage.

I don't want something called a "civil union" to take the place of same sex marriage because that only opens the door for inequality and same sex unions will not reap the same benefits as married people. It's segregation and separation at best.

Again, I pay taxes; therefore, I am entitled to marry whom I choose and received the same benefits as any legally married persons.

I am totally insulted by the "preserving marriage" campaigns. Oh come on! How can we be a threat to your precious institution? It's a forest! If marriage is so precious ban divorce! In the 1940's divorce was not possible in Argentina. Oh, those Catholics, aren't they something!'

Who says state and religion are separate?

No comments: