Thursday, September 15, 2005

Being Considerate

I know that you are reasonably considerate of other people just like I am right? I know that when you walk your dog, you take the little grocery store plastic bag along and pick right up after the poop is complete. I know you do that! It's easy! It's not messy well if you only feed your dog dry dog food just meant for him, it is. You are on your own with the table scrapes.

I know you never throw any trash out of your car window; you always keep that little garbage bag into your car just for that. And it kills just about kills you to see all that trash lying in the curb; who would do such a thing? I always give the benefit of a doubt by thinking that it must have fallen off the back of the garage truck as it sped away.

Now, I wasn't even going to bring this one up, because I know that you would never think of doing such a thing and that is pitching beer cans or bottles out of the car window. I know you don't do that; but, boy somebody does, because I am having to dodge schattered glass lying everywhere along the roads when I ride my bicycle.

And I know you always use your turn single. Yes, I know you know where you are going but I don't! When I am driving, running, or bicycling I would certainly appreciate if everyone used their turn signle so I would know your intentions. It is just being considerate. If you do it I'll do it and then we will both know what the other is planning on doing and that creates a nice flow and less confusion.

Indicating your intentions is a little like turning on your headlights when it is dawn, dusk or when it is raining. Oh, I know you can see where you are going all right; but, it helps others to see you better so we don't run into you.

Please watch out for me will you? I'll be the one walking with my backpack on, riding my bicycle or running. It is good for my health and I can conserve gas and save a buck or two. Please do not speed or wipe around cars because it is against your principles to use the brakes or drive within the limit. Okay I've done it already myself, but I am more careful since I am out there, bare without my protective capsule surrounding me with reasonably ensuring my safety.

There is one last thing that I am thinking of and you might not have thought of it; but I think it would be a considerate if you did something about it. Would you please trim that huge bush you have in your yard. You know that one that hangs way over the sidewalk. Oh, it is very pretty and very healthy but has grown to be so huge! It's full, low and sticks way out there so much that I cannot walk, run or bicycle around it without having to step down off the curb into the street where I am jeoparding my safety.

"Oh that bush!" Yes that bush. See, I knew you have never even given that bush a second thought. You just thought that bush was just so pretty and marveled at how healthy it looked and oh how much it as grown! You forgot to look down and around. But, thanks for thinking about it now. After you trim it back then sit by your window and watch the smiling passerbys. It will make your day! If they are not smiling? I wonder if you forgot to sweep the sidewalk? Okay, now watch for the big smiles!

No comments: