Wednesday, August 08, 2007

and now I'm also a sculptor

One who can some what stand the heat of an outside sculpturing workshop. It's been 100 degrees all week and the heat wave continues. I had to come home and lie down. I missed Yoga class this evening because I'm too pooped.

What a week! It wouldn't be so bad if I could include my normal routine but due to high temperatures the bicycle ride on Sunday was cancelled so missed seeing my biking buddies. Monday evening golf was cancelled so I missed those guys. Tuesday evening after sculpture class I was too pooped to run in 100 degree temperatures. This evening missed yoga class. And because of scheduling conflict with workshop being all day, 9 - 4, tomorrow afternoon I'll miss the artist guild drawing group.

I feel like an orphan! I miss my various activity families. How can I go on? Well, I'll just have to miss them all this week. It just seems weird. I never realized I was such a creature of habit and familiarities.

I just realized that I love my life, my many routines and my many friends. I am so blessed! I thank the universe.

And I thank the universe for my not allowing my rock to split or break away. Please protect it tomorrow as I carve and chip away on facial features. It all began when I imagined a face in the rock I choose to sculpture. But, oh my gosh, wht a long and tedious process; but one I realize I love. I find it relaxing. I only wish the outdoor temperature was more pleasant. Well, Tuesday, the first day, it didn't really bother me. I guess because I slept good Monday night. They provide fans and plenty of ice and water. And boy is it dusty! And I found that rock dust stains and doesn't wash out. The jug of "All" says takes out 99 different stains...well, not rock dust stain. Yes, I ruined a good sleevelvess running shirt made of fabulous quick drying wick away material. I wear it now every at the work shop. I figure that might as well; why ruin something else.

I just woke up from an early evening nap feeling energized and so I look forward to tomorrow sculpture session and I think I'll handle the heat better with more rest under my belt. I think I'll sleep good this evening. Anyway, I won't be getting up super early like I did today to meet a walking friend and walk for an hour first. And that was after I didn't sleep well the night before and only got about four hours of sleep. Damn, that soda with caffeine.

Coca Cola Zero soda is some super charged stuff, evidently. I made the mistake of drinking it yesterday afternoon when I got home about 4:30 PM. Apparently, a little too late in the day to be drinking something with apparently high quantities of caffeine. Funny they don't have to tell you how many grams of caffeine are actually in the 12 ounce can. Oh well, I believe I have learned my lesson. I'm drinking water now with my home made Quesadillas. Very tasty! And I'm getting sleepy again so early to bed for me tonight.

No comments: