Sunday, August 12, 2007

I can't resist this....

Nissan is coming out with a new car that has sensors built in to the steering wheel that check your blood alcohol through your finger tips...don't ask me how. (Hello! No big deal; just keep a pair of gloves in your car - in the "glove" box!)

Anyway, if the sensors detect that the driver is over the legal alcohol limit, the car will talk to you, and tell you it's transmission is shutting down. I guess there is a warning so you have time to pull over before it stop operating. The bottom line is that the car is not operate if you are above the legal limit. The car will speah to you and suggest another person drive the car. The car knows via more sensors, how many seats in the car are occupied. The computer knows how many people are in the car and suggests that you let one of the other passengers drive. This could be a real trip! It might take a while to get home if several other passengers also fail the car's finger grip test.

My suggestion would be to walk to the bar, or take cab, drink in your own neighborhood. Take the lawn mower...remember the guy who did that?

I use to live near a bar called "No Where". Catchy name! A wife asked her husband. "Where do you think you are going?" He responds. "No Where". It's perfect! Anywhere the bar was small and cute with a round dance floor up and behind the semi-round bar. Very cool place. Anyway, it was three blocks from my apartment. In fact, there was another bar I frequented that was within two blocks from my apartment. Fabulous! Those where the days.

I remember walking home at closing one night during a snow fall and sitting to my heart's content. I met many friends in those days in bars. We were referred to as "the group"; there was at least thirty-five to forty of us. We moved from place to place in mass as word spread. God, how did that ever happen with out cell phones. Yes, before cell phones! How did we ever live?

And we had a free hand to drive the stick shift. I wonder how smokers do it without setting their hair on fire. They are holding the cell phone to their ear in their cigarette crasping hand and shifting the car with their right hand, I guess.

I believe many people think: "I"ll call them on the way....". or "I'll put my make-up in the car.". Those people do not have common sense...at all. What if some idiot turns unexpectedly in front on you. You know some idiot smoking, driving, holding the cell phone and putting on masscara. You need to be ready with quick reflects!

I have quick reflects. You should see me on my bicycle when I ride in trafffic. Girl, you better have quick reflects riding out there with the cell phone text messaging motorist. I saw a woman, and she wasn't a kid, so there was no excuse, with huge seven square inch dice (two!) hanging from her mirror. I didn't want to be the bicyclist passing in front of her. Her vision was blocked by those two dice!

People! Wise up! If you get into an accident at minimum you will be delayed. You could be arrested, fined, ticketed, inconvenience, sued, and worse of all cause "someone else" bodity harm. Do you really want to be responsible for that?

So many people drive aggressively; speeding, using wrong lanes, just being reckless and careless. They appear to use a "get out of my way" mentality. They feel powerful in their "large" trucks and SUV's bearing down on people. It's truly a lovely sight in your rear view mirror.

No comments: