Saturday, April 26, 2008

A grand day

Actually, I've had a few grand days recently with my friends. They are super. I'm grateful for my blessings. They''re a refreshing bunch! And not only do we run, but now a few of them are getting into bicycling too. I really wasn't planning on riding tomorrow with the rest of them. Good things 0r just as well. Well, for one thing, it's about a hundred mile round trip to drive before we get to ride and the price of gas flirting with $4.00 were gallon I'll wait on a closer organized ride to ride. Although, I'm very ready and looking forward to riding it's better I guess I rest my leg tomorrow.

Oh, I fell down while running this morning around the park. I ran around the park (6 miles) then met up with my fellow runner's and was following them. I was about a half mile away from completed ten miles of running when I fell. I was running over a steel expansion bridge which bounces. I guess I wasn't picking my feet up high enough. I got lazy. My friend says it's happen to her already in these running shoes, styles we share.

I got up faster than a flash. I learned how to fall while taking judo lessons way back when. It's a curl and roll motion - more on the side and up the shoulder. The side of my right knee got bumped pretty good. I ran the rest of the way back in not really any pain. Iusually take two Ibuprofen before I run so I wasn't really hurting.

When the group saw me coming they got ice for me to put on it. A couple of medical women in the group is nice and comes in handy.

Yeah I ran ten miles without any super power stuff with caffeine. I did just fine on two little tiny cinnamon rolls.. very little. I'll trying to slim down to knock some time off of my pace and finish time. This year at the downtown half my time was 2:26 and I was 11th out of 63 women in my age group - granted I'm at the bottom of my age group. But two years ago when I was lighter I was at the top of my age group and came in 2:18 and 13th out of 124 women in the 55-59 age group. I was 58. Just wait and see what I look like this fall for the Clayton half in November!

I'll rock! I'm cross training now - well I always do but I was eating more and using too many super power gels with too much high glucose corn syrup.

Speaking of high glucose corn syrup my friend was telling me about something she saw on Channel 9 NPR station about raising cattle and corn. Well, they have engineered corn without any nutrients now only glucose to fatten humans and animals up very fast. Beef do not get any exercise and can really on eat this stuff for 126 days before it eats their stomachs up. Beef is being negatively massed produced. In farmer days passed cattle were allowed to walk, roam and eat grass and good old fashion corn. The meat was healthy and lean back then. This new high fructose corn syrup degrades their immunity system and cattle get antibiotics which - gets passed to the meat - which they swear does not. So, I think I'll become a vegan.

No wonder kids are becoming diabetic these days. It's not called adult onset diabetes anymore. we're eating junk - non nutritious junk. And with antibiotics in our meats it takes more and more antibiotics to cure infections because we have become immune to them and it takes more and more to do the job of clearing an infection.

So, where in the hell is our government? Hello Mr Cheney? Are you making money hands over fists? Laughing all the way to the Canary Islands? This government allows corporations to rip off people every way they can to save themselves a buck and stick more money into their own CEO's pockets! It's treason in my mind! This government instead of regulating and over seeing special interest gives them a green light.



No comments: