Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Jann Arden....so cool!

I wish Jann Arden would come to St. Louis. She is from Alberta Canada. I love her music.

I was first introduced to her one weekend when I had a lay over in Dallas, Texas. I was watching the local NPR fundraiser with Anne Murray. Gotta love her too. And Anne Murray intro ducted Jann Arden who sang "Insensitive". I think you'll like it. I was hooked. I have bought all of her some six or eight CD's. I think that trip was in 2002 or early 2003...my life changed drastically after that..divorced a family (well -whatever - the blood ones), ended a fifteen year relationship (I still love her we are very good friends..she is my family..). Moved to another state. And it all started with this song and falling in love with a doctor..who was very sensitive!! She remains in my heart. I found my niche now, I think. I want to love her I'm here if she needs me. Our hearts connected..I'm not going anywhere.

You know how things in your life change and during that change in the fall of 2004 and winter of 2005 I listened to Jann Arden intently. I've moved, got into art, yoga and scuplturing. Last night while reading I listened to "Cronin" by Anne Murray a classic standards eighteen song CD. It's fun! Songs like "Teach me tonight" and "Old Cape Cod". Funny, I know all the words...

Anyway, I saw the Anne Murray CD laying there on the lamp table just now and remembered how much I like Jann Arden. She's singing to me now. Classic! If you are interested or curiuos, here is her wedsite address http://www.jannarden.com/ Enjoy! She has a wonderful journal there too and writes very well.

So, now, back to reading. I'm starting "On Globalization" by George Soros. Sound interesting? I just finished "Deluxe" by Dana Thomas a jounalist. Very interesting about high fashion, high prices, knock-offs and fakes and the global market. I also just read "An Age of Turbulence" by Alan Greenspan. No! Actually a good read. He wrote it in lay man's terms. It was a re-cap in history. Have you ever heard of the G7? It's us and six other countries that Alan Greenspan meets with - or did. There is also a G28..yes, more countries. We have to meet with other countries in these modern global markets.

Back to reading. Check out Jann Arden. Let me know what you think. Watch your heart... she'll steal it!

No comments: