Sunday, December 30, 2007

on being grateful...

Well, it's the end of the year. I will be spending it with friends at a house party and we'll all spend the night... a slumber party, if you will. What a way to end the year.

So, I'm taking a moment to reflect upon the past year. I had the most wonderful year of my life I think! I am very grateful! And I had the very best Christmas...spent with friends. It was wonderful. I never realized before that so many of my friends have no family here and do not go out of town. Some have family but choose not to spend the holiday with them. I had a wonderful time with friends. Can you tell I'm not a family person!

I have many wonderful friends. I know I am very fortunate..period! I thank and pray for protection for me, my friends, my condo, my car...I just need everything to "last" and stay status quo for a long while...money is a little tight right now which it is for everyone so just spending time together is very important.

The high price of oil is driving all other prices up..from delivery services to merchandise. We can all feel the squeeze.

I have cut back considerably..the easiest way for me is to not go shopping.. period. I don't even look for bargains after the holidays. It's best to stay out of the stores.. and resist buying anything on line. I'm really trying to cut back on food too.

The other night we had a group dinner and everyone chipped in and either bought or brought from home the ingredients to the recipe we were cooking. The dinner was a blast washed down with cheap wine.

I am so grateful for my friends, my good health, my agility, my activeness. I am grateful for my knowledge to realize that exercise is the key to good health. I am grateful that I can run 13.1 miles without pain. I ran 12 today. I ran a half marathon (13.1) in November and will run another in February and then again next April. I am so grateful to have that ability and without pain! Thank you.

I have the perfect relationship. It's a good thing I don't love her more because then I would want her around all the time. But this way, I still can enjoy my freedom. Sometimes I just prefer to go out with my friends without a date and I am free to do this. She's married.

I still think about the good doctor and miss her. She's magical, a secret place for me in my mind. I can fantasize and dream about her. I've been thinking about her for about four years now..and the feeling won't fad, I know. She's my escape. She's my "quiet" place..in my mind and in my heart. Sometimes what seems like a short lasted experience can actually last a lifetime, maybe many lifetimes. I think dreaming is praying and I wish her only the best.

No comments: