Thursday, December 06, 2007

Too religious? Good-Bye!

Mitt Romney should be a preacher and be done with it! Come on...we have enough religion in politics as it is. No more! Romney go away! He is really playing the religious card to get all the Christians in Iowa to vote for him. You know, much like Bush did. Bush made them promises and now nearing the end of his eight years he's going after the religious groups he feels have too much money...like Joyce Meyers.

Thirty days away from Iowa. Back in the day Kennedy de-emphasized religion..where as Romney defends his religious beliefs. In my opinion...freedom does not require religion. Oh come on we know what is right and what is wrong. I don't think a country should be lead by someone so strongly related to religion. Romney, why not lead a church....

I am spiritual....and I won't try to fix you. Religious people have an attitude like they have to fix the world and tell you what you should and should not do and most are hypocrites. I'm offended that I'm a lesbian and feel the need to live my life in secret..don't ask, don't tell. Not that I want to announce it to the world. But, the "don't ask, don't policy" is designed to make us feel ashamed of what we are. God (your god, by the way) created us this way. I'm OK with it. I'm the one lively it. So I don't understand the prejudice against gays. What's it do you? Get a life! Homosexuality is universal yet pious Christians who think they are above it all decide they know better than god and tell us to shut up and be quiet. We don't want to hear about it they and our families say. My family has this same attitude. We no longer communicate and I am so glad! I hope I never see them again. There is no love lost here. It's probably the best thing that ever happened to me. What a bunch of hypocrites! I am the happiest I have ever been in my life. Let's just say..we were a bad match and move on. Bye, bye!

I no longer feel I have to take the backseat for anyone or any group. I am just as good as you...maybe even better! Because I don't care that you are straight! You do your thing and I'll do mine and get over it. I think men are the most sensitive. Personally, I think so called "straight" who hate us the worse...are probably hating something way down deep inside of them...perhaps homophobic because maybe they themselves are gay! What else could it be. I'm happy with my sexuality...so I don't care that you are straight. In fact, I am very at peace with myself. I have my extended, very extended gay family and I love them all (I don't sexually..you pervert!). Let's get back to the mortgage situation we face. And let's see what Bush's proposal offers.

If you bought a house in 05 or 06 and it is ready to balloon in 08 or 09, Bush is allowing your loan rate to freeze. Democrats mostly like it. Dick Durbin is saying that Republicans have blocked some of the mortgage measures he wanted to change. Foreclosures and delinquent payments are at an all time high.....the good days of credit buying are slowly catching up with people.

Hello! Good jobs moving out of the country are at an all time high too and Bush allows this. Off shore manufacturing is at an all time high too. I could see this coming.. because we got to the point where people could not even save up for a down payment of 20%. When the economy is running that thin it's a sign we are heading for trouble. So up comes creative financing which was clue number two for me. Most people do not make enough money to afford housing...not even old houses on the market. Balloon loans merely put off reality for two years and financiers and loan officers knew think was going to happen.

The Bush plan works with the mortgage industry. Per Henry Paulson, Secretary of the Treasury, is bailing out a group, the middle, who can be helped (?). The investors who hold the loan will allow certain home holders who cannot meet the higher rates..keep their lower present rate frozen for five years. These are people with loans do to increase furing 08 and 09. The government got involved because of the complexcity of the mortgage as mediator. Tax money will not be used. Mortgages are spread all around the world with securities being held by these investors. Foreclosures harm not only people losing the house but hurt investors.

One concern is that not enough people are getting helped. Paulson admits the plan is not perfect...because many people have already lost their house...and they will not be compensated. There are millions of people who will not be able to make their paper. This plan depends too much on the voluntiary private sector to drive this. Another criticism is that the government should not be in this.

What about the sancity of contracts? They can no longer be respected because the government stepped in. Paulson said there are proposals to change bankruptcy laws.

Wall street investment firms are packaging these loans and they themselves wondered about the creative financing that was used. They now have to help out home owners because so many are in trouble now...in fact two million at least.

Now they need to figure out how they are going to face the future...houses are not selling. Well hello they shipped good jobs overseas! Republicans are against unions! Republicans are for the business guy..and their hasn't been an increase in minimum wage for years that is substantial to compete with the rising cost of living...that increases in oil prices has caused. Thank you Mr. Bush. I know you are getting rich! Republican are for the rich but stupid because, if people cannot make enough money to live how can they buy any products that are out there for sell.

Greed! It all comes down to greed and stupidity! Bush had no clue and I can only guess that Cheney didn't care and he was too worried about filling his oily pockets overseas to worry about the "home front". So much for "financial" homeland security! I'm be so glad when this administration is out of there! They made a mess of everything..so much so..it by gosh, it will take a WOMAN to clean it up!

Responsible lending. Odd term these day!! Michael Calhoun, Center for esponsible lending, said Bush's plan won't help much and that much more is needed. Paulson thought two million will qualify for one of these freeze rate plans. Calhoun thinks that only about 145,000 people will benefit.

There could be some shifting of losts from homeowners to investors. "High debt to income" another magical term. Hello!

If the government uses tax money, it only benefits the lenders not the guy with the house.

People live too tight and refinanced including the balooning loan....bad news. The market rate did not change the balloon rate changes from 8 to 9 then 11 to 12 in 08 and 09.

No bail out for borrowers. The concern is the resets won't help much with the over all majority of the people. We are in this position because people engaged into risky behavior and not wise decisions. Can't really ban't bail out people who made bad decisions because people will expect to be bailed out in the future.

If a person fills for bankruptcy the court is forebiden to modify the loan...but if the judge does allow modification of loans it may save them. Brokers and lenders got paid more selling sub-prime loans rather than pushing 30 fix loans. Investors I feel should bear the loses. This will eventually make investors pull back due to the credit crunch.

Bush plan what? Offers tax breaks for oil companies and mandates better, cleaner for fuel efficieny.

You know this is all lip service because of the up and coming election year. But surely Republican really don't expect to get back in the white house? I think that is why they are taking the realigious trail hoping it will get them there. They are avoiding any pertentent issues and sticking with gays, pro-choice and pushing religions.. you know same old ways of skirting around the REAL issues.





No comments: