Saturday, February 25, 2006

Don't Think That I Will Be Protesting!

Well, It's 2:30 AM and I have my alarm set for 4:30 AM to get up to get ready to meet others to protest a "we can cure your gayness" in one day seminar. But, I guess I'll be missing out on my possible TV debute as I along with hundreds I hope try to get my point across. I should be sleeping but I'm up taking more Ibuprofen. My knees and legs have been hurting all evening.

Seems I have a way of overdoing things. Well, I was feeling good and energetic and having fun. First yesterday morning I ran with my good friend K, we had coffee, she had other things to do and I took her home. I should have ended my exercise at that point too; but, instead I went to the gym and worked out on machine weights, then swam for twenty minutes and then trudged against the strong current in the wading pool trail not only once, but twice.

And later in the evening while standing for three hours drawing protest posters in a gay church basement on concete my knees and legs began to ache. Seems I have finally over done it. Well, I'm not going to stand more on them tomorrow for hours.

My legs are still aching after several doses of Ibuprofen and they are keeping me awake. I am beginning to think that I am not meant to protest tomorrow morning. So, I guess I'll pass; it's like admitting defeat and I hate that!

Time to take my sorry ass back to bed and see if I can get some sleep, I still want to go in the morning. I hate this!

Well, I least I contributed some to the occasion by making posters.

No comments: