Friday, March 23, 2007

For once someone who agrees with me...

and he wrote a book! "God on Your Own" by Joseph Dispenza. Finding a Spiritual Path Outside of Religion. See Chapter four "Beliefs" page 59. Here Joseph like me wonders "What if there was no such thing as God?"

And this is what I was thought and Joseph Dispenza writes: "What if the holy books of the world religions were not written or even 'inspired' by a grand divine personage, but were made up by ordinary people like you and me?"

See! My thoughts exactly! To make a statement like this when I was growing up would be blasphemy and I would go directly to hell!

How whole culture rests on Christian principle! God in on our money. In our courts! We swear to god on the bible under oath - for god sakes!

What if god is purely fictional - for a purpose?

Personally, I think you should read "The Field" by Lynne McTaggart. It's about spirituality and quantum physics and zero point field (the vibrational space between cells). The point is made that we connect with one another by our thoughts. Our thoughts are very powerful. The power lives within each and every one of us.

In my view, we do not need "man made written up religion". We do not need to be controlled by the church that tells us we are born sinners and must obey their rules or go to hell. The church is anti-gay and anti-pleasure to make it easy for us to fall into sin so we have to repent and do the church's bidding. In this way, we need the church. If we weren't broke they would have no purpose!

All we need to do to be like, loving, productive citizens is to be spiritual and believe in the golden rule. We know what is right or wrong. There are state and federal laws. But, as it is the church and government are in cahoots for votes (Republican) and in return the church is tax exempt and need not have to pay compensation for their employees among other special benefits which I'm sure I don't know about. I have seen Jerry Farewell tell his congregation who to vote for in a presidential race! Gee, I thought church and state were separate?

But, there you go! And then there are the Fundamentalist Christians brainwashing their little kids with home schooling and religious camps. See the DVD "Jesus Camp". It will break your heart. These poor little kids try so hard to believe and fall in line to be loved. Hell, by the time I got finished watching this documentary I was convinced that there is no god. And these poor little kids cry because they don't believe. This DVD features Minister Fischer from rural Missouri and her Jesus Camp. Bring a tissue!

No comments: