Monday, March 26, 2007

I"m waiting for my friend to get here which

could be any second now. We are going to walk just a bit, she has had surgery recently so it won't be far. It's 70's and breezy and cloudy. A nice day for a walk.

I have already went for a swim this morning and if it was the swimming which was hurting my left shoulder neck area...will it just took care of it again. Because it feels okay now. Who knows?

Yesterday was a magical half marathon. Magical in the fact that I actually crossed the finish line. No! But I could have done better. I need to drop about ten pounds. Why is that so hard for me? You have read past blogs you know I work my ass off. But still I guess my intake of food far exceed the activity to wear it off.

Let's see. I swam, sang and played my guitar...if only I could get about five songs memories well. As it is now I know about four. Think I'll go play and sing somemore to memorize. I'll be back!

A few minutes later and I'm back! I'm working on memorizing the chords for "Moonglow", "It's Impossible", "Satin Doll", "You Don't Know me", "No one", "Georgia", "Ruby", "Cold, Cold Heart", and "I'm Sorry" and probably more old standards like that. I'll throw in "Margaritaville", and "Every Breath that you take". I guess the secret is just keep on practicing. I try to play a little bit each day. I'll getting ready to play around the campfire on a float trip in September. I hope to have a least ten songs memorized and good! I can do "Under the Boardwalk" too. "Cape Cod Bay" would be another one I would love to master but so far not getting it. I'll keep trying. And how about "Fever"? We'll see. I have a long way to go.

Now for art. I'm am still trying to draw Helen Mirron from the cover of AARP and so far.. I'm not getting it. I'll give it a shot now and then I want to read some before leaving to play golf at 4:20 PM. Our tee time is at five for nine holes.

Hey I'm still pooped from running 13.1 miles yesterday and I swam this mornning. What's this? My eyes just fell shut! Damn! I'm drinking coffee.. It's this wonderful breeze passing through my open screened patio doors. On to the next thing. I have an hour... yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your life is so young and vibrant!

Did you live it with such zest, with such completeness and satisfaction, when you were 25?

Because NOW, you are a powerhouse!

Hats off to you, m'lady.

mzzim said...

Cameron you are so nice! I have a friend who is 26 and the way she listens and the things she says reminds me a lot of myself at that age. It's a wonderful age but I wasn't that active then. And no, I feel much better now. I feel better about myself now then when I was in my thirties. Near 40 was when I began to run and bike more. I wanted to be my best when I turned 40 and to feel good about myself. I think being active is key. Thanks for the very kind words. The other day someone said which would you prefer being 30 again or getting 30 million. I said. "Neither! I'm happy right where I am." Cameron, what about you 30 or 30 million?