Monday, March 05, 2007

It's a little amusing to me

to watch and listen to my friends who are in their 30's. The 33 year old is worrying about having puffy eyes when she wakes up in the morning. Her partner suggests. "Don't sleep on your stomach".

Then her partner who is 40 suggests "Don't be on top during sex because you look younger on your back"!

Two of the six had back pain and one had a sore hip. I'm thinking thank god I'm pain free. Is it the running, yoga and swimming? Universe I want to thank you for my many blessings and for my love and happiness!

I don't say anything to my friends but inside I'm about to split a gut laughing because of the fact that they are even worrying about this stuff. I'm not laughing because they are in pain! Oh no, not that, but, I'm thinking it is humerous that they are worrying about these things at just a young age when they have such a long way to go. Hell, I'm 30 years older than them and with less complaints. Well, a lot of it that I try the best I can to reverse the aging process and yes I believe that it can be reverse. Argue with me if you wish; but it is what I believe. And another reason is that I have come to terms with some things or changed my thinking. I think lines are beautiful and show character. I just saw Diane Carol age 71 on Oprah and she looks plastic with such a perfect face. I thought Jane Fonda with all her lines around her eyes was beautiful. I think Helen Mirron, age 61, looks so natural and beautiful. Personally, I love character lines and an expressive face! In my opinion a history lesson appears in character lines. A woman in her 60's has a lot of history and love in her life that I think should be honored and physically expressed.

Diane Carol had no expression to her face...just another Elizabeth Taylor like a picture or a thorphy sitting there. In fact I think it is rather silly to be 71 and look younger than a 40 year old but have a slight shuffle to your gait.

Actually, I can't believe that I will be 60 in September! Because I feel younger than 40. And yes the thing with the face while looking down is true. I just didn't think it began already at around 40?

I'm fortunate however that I do not have pain! Personally, I thank my yoga classes and Glucosamine Chondroitin for lubricating my bones, joints and restoring connective tissue. And Calcium! And I thank the universe. I know that I am very fortunate!

When I was in my twenties and heard this type of talk I always felt above it. I always felt - "not me"! So, I think that there is some truth in thinking that our thoughts can create our environments and realities. It's what you believe. I'm forgetting all about my love life! I'm concentrating on the "moment"! Living in the now!

Now, I am not undermining anyone who is experiencing pain. Pain is unfortunate at any age. I guess I notice their conditions and comments because I am trying to hang onto my youth so I choose to ignore and push through my feelings, both emotional and physical. I owe so much to my active lifestyle! And now I have begun eating healthier too! But, this is why at times I find these experiences with my friends a little amusing and "priceless" too because I heard the same things from my 30 something friends thirty years ago!

It's funny! It's like I am in my second life. Because I remember when I was in my mid twenties (sometimes even more by hanging with my adorable young friend - she's precious to me. Probably for that reason. Also, she and I are very much alike in many ways). I learn a lot from my younger friends.

It also seems like a second life (maybe a second chance because I "had" to pretend to be straight in the first one) hanging with the 30 something ladies. They are adorable! They are so loving in their relationships and affectionate. It's wonderful to see!

Here's to second chances! Now off out the door I must go and enjoy this beautiful, non-winding day - for a change, that promises to be sunny and in the fifties.

First! I must add Bob and Lee Woodruff's book. "In an Instant" to my library list. Right now I'm reading "American Axis" by Max Wallace. It's a book about Henry Ford, Charles Lindbergh, and the Rise of the Third Reich. Also an eye opening good read is "Henry Ford and the Jews" by Neil Baldwin. The mass production of hate! Both are great reads.

Wow! if only we can replace the emotions of hate and greed with love! Have a great day - read a book!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a very positive attitude about your health and your body, which is GREAT!

In fact, it is an inspiration for this almost-53-yr-old, who has been feeling "old" these past couple of years because of my challenging life on the road.

Now that I am HOME, I am already feeling younger, because I am happier.

Attitude plays such an important part in our self-concept.

mzzim said...

I so agree! I'm heading out the door now to run. Enjoy your time at home!

I think it is nice of you to stop by and read. I enjoy reading and take to heart your comments. We help and inspire each other. Take care!