Thursday, January 10, 2008

Using Your Head..

I'm writing this because I have heard more than one woman express that they thought Hillary should have left her husband after the Monica thing.

I realize many woman speak from experience or put themselves in Hillary's wife done wrong situation. Most women have been treated badly by the men in the lives at one time or another.

But, I think that I have to hand it to Hillary in her moment of torment and pain to think ahead to the future. Don't you think that it was very Christian of her to give him another chance? Don't you think that maybe thinking ahead and considering her assets would help her in the future. She hung in there. She's a worker and worked for the great good of her marriage and family. I think it lends credence and fortitude to a worthy presidential candidate. She thought ahead, she thought it through.. She used her head! Good president material I'd say!

And too, in his defense (and I know Hillary saw through it too) the Republicans had been on the Clintons to smear them for at least eight years... from the moment he was in office they tried to jilt him and throw him off course. Both of the Clinton were wrung through the ringer.. one thing we won't have to worry about the Republicans trying...(I'm really beginning to display the underhandedness of the Republicans.. do they ever quit? Can't they do anything with honorability and integrity?) again. What they did with Monica was hit a man in his soft spot. You can't tell me that Monica wasn't a plant...somehow.. they got her there and like Samson and Delilah.. he fell for it.

So, I give Hillary some credit. Maybe women of every age can learn from her regarding straying husbands. Consider your options. Think before you leap.

Eighteen year olds are able to vote this year. I know Obama is smart and handsome and gives promise. Well, many college students fit that profile. We're talking about running the country here... and dealing with foreign dignitaries..and war. I think experience and clout and who you know... means a lot in this day of the falling dollar, foreign markets, off shoring, out sourcing, global warming, illegal immigrants and so much more. She has thirty-five years of experience and Obama signed up to run for the presidency with one year experience. You do the math. This is not a total popularity or an election for looks. This is serious and regards YOUR future in regards to job opportunities, affordable health care, student loans, housing loans and getting more "good paying" jobs in this country... or back into this country

Since I'm a woman I .. remember the "glass ceiling" and "affirmative action". Women are still making less than men in teaching jobs... this is a fact. In many jobs doing the same type of work, women are making less, 67 cents to his dollar. Yeah! I know a young women teacher who was more qualified yet.. he was married with kids. She was divorced with kids.. Yet they thought he needed more money. Sad! I think they both should be paid an equal amount. Equal pay for equal work. Amen. Yet it doesn't happen. I look at what Clarence Thomas did for his race.. nothing... he became a staunch Republican..high and mighty.. as soon has he reached the bench. Hillary is already there... with years of experience in Washington.. Obama may lose his head and fall right into that fast paced rat money crubbing race in Washington. Hillary's has already been there for years. I know what she is like in the political arena.. . I don't know much at all about Obama.

No comments: