Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Here I go again!

Hey, first of all I am glad Hillary squeaked by in Indiana. I'm watching CNN of course. I like John King on CNN. I really do. I don't like a lot of men but I like him. He's quick, to the point and has a nice voice. And he's handsome. Oh, and I love that 22 century map he uses - it must be Apple! First of all the screen is large and he puts a map of the USA and moved districts around with his fingers and draw lines with his fingers and does hypertheticals. It's cool! He's cool! Hillary is cool! I think she is perfect for our first woman president! Don't you?

I'm sorry but it's the year of the woman. Within the year two woman have won auto races. Two women met for the first time in space of all places. Brazil and Argentina have woman leaders. The yin yan is out of balance we need woman in important places. Barbara Walters is woman's news anchor trail blazer. What white men take for granted women cherish. Oh Harry Reasoner hated the idea of sharing the limelight with Barbara Walter on the evening news. It was very obvious. Oh yeah, men like women and will tell you that - but they like women "in their place" if you know what I mean. Men don't want to share the limelight or the glory.

Did you know that during the early sixties when tests were performed on potential astronauts that women faired better than men. Oh, you would never read that in the paper or hear it on the evening news. Men wanted the glory. So there you are - that good old double standard of the boys' club. Will men are competitive in general, with each other, they are sure not going to bend rules for a woman.

Did you know I used to let boys win at bowling and pool because my mother told me I was supposed to make him look good and think he is smart. Well, men would never think to return that favor - it's not in their make up. Actually, I was insulted with that proposal and I resented the idea that I was expected to take the back seat. Even for her .

It's probably why I couldn't stand it any longer and distanced myself from "them"
I hope I never see "them" again. There is a woman several doors down who for some reason can't walk down three steps and ten feet but leaves her bags on trash by her front door. I resent that fact that I am so conditioned (by my mother) to notice and with my own bag stop by and pick up hers and take it the ten feet. I truly resent doing this and curse and mumble the whole time and get pissed. It's Arlene all over again. I can't stand it! It just brings back awful memories of my "past" life. The audacity to expect someone to stand there and be your servant and all you did was screw and give birth and do the basic 18 years of feeding, and of course, working me. Bull shit! Now you know how I feel about mother's day. I have paid time and time again to the point I couldn't stand to be in her present. I had to jump up and get out of the room and get away from her. My ex never understood until I told her - to be around her would put me in an abusive situation and not for me. Hey, she has her other fools and fans who kiss the queen's butt and wait on her and trust me she relishes in it. She has always majored to using people to her benefit - you know much like the church. Nuns are like that too. They expect people to wait on them and hand over their very souls. I say - you take care of yourself and I'll take care of myself.

I just ordered a book from the libary: "Slaying the Mermaid" Women and the culture of sacrifice by Stephanie Golden. I can't wait to read the book. I have read "Why Women Should Rule the World" by Dee Dee Myers. I am already aware of the gendar unbalance but I am glad to see younger women writing about the short change of women's positions in our society. And speaking of that; it's a known fact that women make seventy cents to a man's dollar.

Recently I've been watching the discovery channel and it warms my heart to see complete teams of women in operating rooms. Just how cool is that. Women have a softer, warmer touch where as it appears to me that men are more like mechanics and rough and unsympathetic; they can't relate especially to women's needs.

We need more women in important places. Don't you think we'd be using bio fuels by now. Brazil is since the OPEC scare in 1976 which unlike the USA, Brazil took serious and waste nothing of their main crop the sugar cange plant; what isn't made into sugar gets cooked for bio fuels. Brazil is petroleum free now.

So, we missed our chance to be roll models. Government is a business just like any corporations but forget fossil fuels - let's get green - and set the pace for the est of the world. Let us be the first with electric cars, wind powered ulitiies and green homes and businesses. Let Greenville, Oklahoma be an example. Hats off to them! Think of all the money this country would save. Oil just hit 123. per barrel today and the market was down 260 points. Hey, that hurts! Personally I think Cheney is trying to get every last cent he can before he leaves office; the Bush boys too.

Yes CEO's make 400 times more than their employees. It's called greed. Twenty years ago they made maybe 40 times more. It's a greed race amongst them I guess. Pure Greed and one up manship. In the sixties there were no lobbyist in Washington now there are 33,000 lobbyist in Washingtion. Money rules!

I am rooting for Hillary and praying things go better for her. Come on Edy Goodenough and Georgette... but with me on this.. help Hillary to win. And don't forget me. Remember youthful, young, 40, brilliant, talented, acknowledged, magical, love, sex, car safe, accident free, me safe, keep friends safe and healthy, me good. Thanks.

I'm helping myself too. I swam and worked out again today. Yippee! I love it. I may go again before I go to draw with the group tomorrow. Wish me well. Hey, I'm trying to set an example here. It's my life purpose. If I can do it any 60 year old can do it.

Did you now that in 1986 we had a housing crisis too then and daddy Bush used billions of dollars to bail out banks. Was that when his son Neal was in that saving and loan scandal? Did you know that Reagon sold arms to Iran and funded revolution in the Contra. A military guy took the heat for that His name escapes me at the moment. And we all know that Nixon was a real piece of work. And getting back to daddy Bush - he was really pissed that he only got one term as president and that Clinton beat him out of office. No wonder for eight years the republicans went after the Clintons and dragged them through their political Ken Star wringer. Republicans are just plain nasty. Then there was the crooked elections in 2000 and the determing state - Florida fiasco. What a joke!



No comments: