Saturday, May 24, 2008

So Grateful!

Whew! rode bicycle in the rain today while riding 45 miles. Yes, I'm gearing up for the up and coming Tour de Cure diabetes charity ride. That reminds me I sent to send out a reminder to folks to support me.I rode with a group of very nice people, from various riding groups today. All were very nice nad welcoming and friendly. I had fun! I recognized riders from other rides. So conversation was easy. We followed the city's designated bicycle route down to the river and took the scenic route. Well, "scenic" is debatable - yet we are very grateful that we have it.tomorrow I will ride down there and meet another group of friends and ride up the trail for a ways. I pushed it today so I'm looking forward to lesiurely ride tomorrow.

I am so grateful and thrilled that I am so youthful and active and blow people away when they hear my age. Well, the normal 60 year old, let's face it, is obese, gray, sedentary and under a doctor's care taking multiple perscriptions for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes - you name it. I think that I was born to prove 60 doesn't have to be sickly! That's my slogan and I'm sticking to it. I love life. I love my friends and multiple activities that I am so fortunate to be able to undertake and enjoy. The word "no" is not in my vocabulary - but "reasonable" is! I am reasonable with loads of common sense.I love the thrill of the ride, the speed, the alertness that comes with it and is so necessary. It's great for reflexes and mental health and emotional well being.If only people knew that anyone can be a exercise program. Any program can be altered to fit your physical, mental and emotional needs. It's a shame so many over weight and unhealthy people do not know exercising makes you feel so young and alive and wonderful. It's fun, it's communitive - it's life!I wish right now to thank the universe for my wonderful physical being.

I am so blessed and I know it and appreciate it and certainly never take it for granted. I rode 45 miles today and probably will ride close to that tomorrow. Can't wait!On the Holiday I'm running a 10k with about eight friends. The other day when I ran 6 miles (10K) around the park - it was tough. Well, for starters I ate too big of a breakfast. I had to take a few walk breaks and was disappointed with my performance. I expect so much more from myself. That day after I ran the six, I swam for forty minutes, worked out of weight machines for thirty minutes, then rode spinning cycle for thirty. Trust me it pays off. That was Friday, yesterday that I did all that. And today I felt fine to ride 45 miles - in fact I felt better than fine. Oh, I forgot I did yoga too. But, than yoga is a natural included routine that I do everyday - even for just a few minutes to keep everything flexible.I'm not bragging - I'm grateful. I feel wonderful and I want you to feel wonderful too. Even if you just took a brisk walk everyday and build up endurance and distance you'll begin to feel better about yourself. What exercise does is increase endorphines that enhance mood and a sense of well being. I'll sleep good tonight. I didn't have any caffeine today. I purposely avoided the Cliff Blocks that have caffeine in them. I ate a banana and part of some pastry before the ride and nibbles on six energy blocks during the ride.

Oh yes, I was hungry when I got back home. But, it began to rain and rather hard as I got closer to home. I wasn't cold and I didn't really feel wet. The wonderful jerseys and riding pants that riders wear or ideal materials for all types of weather. I was pooped but after I showered had to go out again and pick up my run package for Monday for the 10K. Can't wait. I'm so excited I hope I get to sleep right away. Thanks again universe and spirit guides for helping me - I couldn't do it without your help.

Thanks Oh, just want to mention a couple of great book titles: "Many Lives, Many Masters" and "Same Soul, Many Bodies" by Brian L Weiss, M.D. These books will change how to value your life (you many lives). It's fascinating reading

No comments: