Thursday, December 22, 2005

ups budget

Well, I ran today and made sure I didn't run too far, so I would be home later in the afternoon when the UPS truck came to deliver my package. I wanted to make sure I was home, because they always ask for your signature. I hate that! Just leave the package, why don't you? Okay, so I'm home journaling, reading, relaxing after my run. When out my front window, I see a Budget truck pull up with two guys in it, the other guy is eating a banana. Suddenly, I hear a harsh, angry knock at my door. My neighbors had already moved, last Sunday, so who ordered the Budget truck?

Then, the Budget truck guys knock at my door. Hmm, suspicious as I am and slightly paranoid, I'm thinking - robbers. A person can't be too careful, near Christmas. Soon, they leave!

Three hours later, I'm wondering where UPS delivery is; so I get on line with my tracking number. Shit! They were here at 3:13 and no one was home and will attempt delivery tomorrow. I went downstairs and opened the door, sure enough that damn sticker is on the door. UPS must have been here the same time the Budget truck robbers were here - and possibly scared them off?

Whenever I order something on line I always request that delivery does not ask for signature and just leave the package at the door. The whole idea of just not leaving the package infuriates me. So, I yank the sticker off the door, sign it and tape it back on. I continue to rant and rave for another twenty minutes. I begin to calm down and even laugh at the jokes on LOGO's stand-up comics show. Okay, I resort to the fact that I'll hang around tomorrow just in case.

Oops, it's 6:30 PM now, and Emma hasn't been out since about one, guess I'll walk her. Outside, near the corner, across the street I see the robbers' Budget truck. Finally, it dawns on me! I walk up and I see the banana eating guy.

"Hey are you UPS?"

"We sure are?"

"I have no idea you guys used Budget trucks?"

"Well, yes we do" says the Mr. Banana "usually around Christmas when we are extra busy"

"So, you're not robbers?" No, I didn't admit that..

Anyway, I got my package! So, it seems I rant and raved for nothing.

Timing is everything isn't it? Now, this time I didn't even pray. Maybe praying earlier for that sweet innocent young thing granted me a favor in return? God, love the universe and the spiritual world! Is there really a god our just us spirit visiting earth in human form and our spirit guides who help us out? Hmm, that's another BLOG entry at a later date.

As for a the saying the nude girl is sweet and innocent; yes, at 22, I don't care, I think you are. Sometimes even at 34 you can be too, it just depends on what life has already dealt you. Now, at my age, it's a different story, I've had years of experience, I'm at a little different place and should have sorted things out or at least come to terms. But, even me, I'm still sweet and innocent.

But, I do know at a younger age I could not give love. I could not help heal someone else before tending to my own needs. But, now I do have love in my heart to give; maybe because I just understand other's pain a lot better. Maybe?

Well, it's the holiday season and I have a lot of love in my heart for everyone except my family. I have love for all of my friends, past lovers (women only) and my ex.

I know I'm rambling - it's my BLOG! You know, this is what is weird I think between straight women and lesbian women: Straight men pissed me off too. I think it's because we (straight women, or just women in general?) think that straight men are intentionally mean. Yes, straight men have pissed me off! I think because they think they have to direct, preach, teach, claim ownership, and like to keep you guessing. My ex and my recent lover never made me mad. Maybe straight women should reconsider?

Oh well, enough about straight men; how did I get on them anyway? Did you see the movie on LOGO called "Fingersmith?" Did you see how sweet and tender their love making was. Oh my god! Especially the exploring, show me how thing! Be still my heart!

Okay I have to go now!

No comments: