Friday, April 27, 2007

Celebrating pro-aging.

CNN features a 95 year old college student who will graduate along with her grand-daughter. Last month I talked to a spy, very talkative, energized 82 year old woman who just crossed the finished line and completed a 5k competive run. She ran a 5K.

One day last week the local newspaper featured a 75 year old pilot who had to emergency land her plane in a field because the plane's fuel level was low.

I know a nun who is 76 years old and completes triathlons and wins medals. Well I guess she would she's probably the only one in her age group.

I celebrate these women and all the other inspirationals out there for me to aspire too. If only I knew who they were.

I attend an artist class and there are many older talented women in the class. I celebrate pro-aging.

Today 80 can be like 60. I'm nearing 60, so by the time I'm 80, 80 will be the new 60. I love it! I am very youthful now and think and feel 35 or 40. So, I am preparing my body and my mind for later years. Because I want to be one of those women out there running half marathons, 10k's or 5k's when I'm in my 80's.

Life is what we make it and with the help of new modern medical marvels we are a sure win. Who knows plastic surgery maybe quite affortable by the time I'm 80. I'm excited actually.

But, I do believe that exercise is key! Yes, exercise and diet will carry you through. Also, studies have found that eating like and about 80 percent filling your stomach is better for you than over eating. Also more fruits and vegetables are key.

Here's to pro-aging and all it's wonder, beauty and glory. I celebrate them.

No comments: