Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I'm reading "Tempting Faith" by Kavid Kuo

and it's quite interesting. It's the inside story of political seduction of Christians. Kuo worked in Washington under G. W. Bush and soon learned that his Christian values and those of millions of Americans were being corrupted by politics.

Instead of helping the needy as he thought he would be doing, Kuo found himself helping to manipulate religious groups for political gain. Public funds were used in battleground states for Republican campaign events. Grants were recycled to political cronies. There were no attempts to fund charities like the Republicans claimed would happen. Inside the White House Bush aides and Republican operatives spoke of Christians with contempt. Many religious leaders had been utterly seduced by Republican leaders in Washington merely for political gain. In other words, they were being used and the Christians were taken for a ride. They actually thought that Bush and his cronies were behind them and would help out and fund valuable charities.

I hope the Christians learned a lesson. They were merely be targeted for votes and misappropriated campaign funding. And personally, when I saw how the Bishops and the likes of Jerry Farewell told parishioners who to vote for I was completely turned off. We are not numb skulls are are totally capable of making our own minds up and coming to a decision for who to vote for. I think it's rude and condescending behavior for the self proclaimed holier than thous, righteous hypocrites, nothing but mere morals, to even think that they have the power and influence to tell me which candidate and for what issues to vote for. Get a real job!

Get a real job one in which you too have to pay taxes that contribute to thousands of relocating companies' treasuries during the time of needless war for profiteering.

Bush has this country 50 trillion dollars in debt and mostly China is holding onto that debt. They and the middle east evidently have us over a proverbial oil barrel.

Gee, do you think it's a "male" thing? To rule, to conquer, to manipulate, to establish oneself as above the law, a king, a profit of self-expression and might. Oh look at me!

Speaking of annoyances! I guess it's a male thing...these super sized SUVs and trucks and what is with that honking remote key lock? That is not necessary - you can hear the damn doors lock and unlock. And loud Harley's..that's not necessary either...but males have to be heard

I know, I know..not all males. I do know some very nice guys. I just wasted a lot of years having sex with men and I guess I'm bitter! :) You know, those "men" ruling the church and society telling me who I can be and not be with! You damn right I'm bitter!

And I'm sure there are many other women out there who feel the same way as I knew...even today women are coerced into playing the straight life, looking good, for mommy and daddy, who are so fooled by religion.

Bush doesn't give a crap. He preached anti-gay in return for funding from the hypocritical Christians. He led them on a ride too. Oh what a wicked web we weave!

No comments: