Wednesday, April 11, 2007

In my opinion

people who deny global warming and the new dust bowl effect in the west are living in denial. It's common sense. Just view the city sky line during morning rush hour. Thirty years ago I could see the obvious dark slog cloud hover over the city to which I drove into to work. Yes, I commuted by auto for years contributed to the dirty air problem myself. I too was in denial. I thought one person could not make a difference. I should have moved to the city..how ignorant was?

It is only common sense. Every forty years the world population doubles. So it is only natural that with added vehicles and now even bigger, dirtier burning vehicles (all air pollution regulations have been lifted by the government..it's up to the auto companies to set their own standards..and that will never happen..not when every one is trying to save a buck!) on the run the air quality is terrible. Yet, we no longer are encouraged to clean up our act.

Bush doesn't care..there is money in sickness and death. There is money in obesity too as far as that goes. Lots of money! Just think about it? The extra stronger, bigger seats, beds, equipment, clothes, more food required, more medicine..there is money galore in obesity.

Oh and let's smoke too. Ever notice how the poor people, the ones without insurance (so you and I can foot the bill) smoke. There's money in that too for hospitals. But social services and welfare gets drained because of related disease from a "by choice" illness. The same with obesity...are you being forced fed or merely wrapped in boredom and self-pity that increases with each new pound that is added.

No comments: