Friday, April 27, 2007

A Mystery: The Flight of the Honey Bees

Where have all the bees gone? Einstein said when the honey bees go, human kind will go. For without honey bees there can be no plants.

It's a mystery which began in California about a month ago. I remember a fruit grower mystified by the fact that only about two thirds of the bees he had were still there.

Now it seems the strange phenomenon of the case of the disappearing bees has moved to Missouri.

Good thing I bought a 16 oz. jar of extra raw honey today at the natural food store. I was telling myself I still had a third jar remaining. But something told me to go ahead and buy a jar anyway, so I did. Now, I'm glad I did. Because it was $8.00 as it was and now the price will probably rise due to the up and coming honey shortage situation.

Now the bee shortage problem occurred at least a month ago in California and there was no reason to be had then. The bees just left their hives.

And now the same thing is happening here in Missouri. Maybe there's UFO's hovering above and the electrical charge they disperse is killing the bees. I hope not..on the late count.

Now that would be a distraction even the Bush team would not have been able to dream up. UFO's Do you think if sudden the night sky was filled with them Americans in Iraq would cease fighting? Would the sighting of UFO's do the trick?

Do you think we humans..well the men..would insist upon trying to shoot them down. "Beam them up Scottie". Boy, Schaftner doesn't look a thing like he used to look! Well I guess he does..only wider and full bodied.

I'm enjoying the last fire of the season this evening. I'll miss the red amber's, the pop, smacking, sparking cedar wood is making me jump occasionally. I'm sitting here half asleep.

I would like to go to sleep but don't really want to leave the fire. So, I'll lay on the couch...the poping will keep me awak.

No comments: