Thursday, April 19, 2007

Seventy-Eight Years Old Pilot! You Go GIRL!

Yes, you go girl! My hat is off to you! She was flying her plane near St. Louis and thought she had enough fuel, but had to set her down in a field near New Melle.

Now see, if she would not have had to land her plane and find herself on TV..I would not have had this opportunity to admire her. I hope I see many more women who are like her. I love this. What an inspiration! She's out there! So Cool!

Recently I met another inspiration. I was waiting for my friend to keep up her half marathon medal and an older woman came up and stood near me and said. "They don't have medals for my age group?" I responsed: "They don't? What is your age group?" She was actualy excited to tell me that she was 82 years old and had just completed the 5K race. How fabulous is that?

Now, I know each registration is looked over and T-Shirts assigned, so someone had to see her age. How, could they not have extended their age groups to include 80-85? The poor thing! Here she is running her heart out and no medal is there for her to receive. She should have gotten a medal just for participating - for god's sakes!

Two years ago I ran the 5K Run for Sight at Union Station. It was my first organized run and I was tickled to death to receive a medal for my age group. And yes, they had a medal for an 82 year old man who completed the run. Good for them! And good for him!

Here to pro-aging! By the way I love the Dove pro-aging commercials don't you?

No comments: