Monday, April 24, 2006

body Sculpting

Not that I'm into it but it seems people want less invasive, less recovery time procedures. Now there is a procedure called lipdissolve for people who can't lose the love handles or the flabby tummy. I don't know if they tried extreme exercise or not.

Anyway reading about this stuff makes me feel very fortunate indeed. Trust I truly appeciate what I have or don't have in this case. Personally, I work like hell to look my best; besides it not work I love yoga, running half marathon and bicycling near hundred miles for a leisurely ride. I find no matter what your age you can get better at what you do and increase your performance and endurance. I love finding out just what this miracle of a body can do.. I believe that it is endless in it abilities. Our brains are wonderul miraculous control centers and our bodies. It's a wonderful feeling to excel and feel herself getting stronger and better as you get older....how do you like that idea? I'm 58 and the best I have ever been... yes I do claim bragging rights.. I deserve them!

I read an article recently claiming that a 35-year old woman who lost 160 pounds after a gastric bypass. She had skin hanging way down low everywhere. Now, what if she would have lost the weight very gradually? Would that have made a difference? Would there have been less flab? Would the body and skin have had more time to adjust if the lose were gradual? Exercise is never mentioned. You know that I am the biggest advocate for exercise there ever could be. Start by walking at a quick pace and as the weight drops add yoga, then weight machines, swimming can even come sooner. Then add jogging and bicycling. The activities are endless and emotional healthy benefits even more along with the physical improvements. You'll feel like being good to your body and eating more fruits and vegetables in place of salty or sugary snacks.

Which brings me to this question. How does the weight get so out of hand before it is realized; usually after gaining more than a hundred extra pounds? I never quite understood that.. probably because I never had the problem. If I ever gained for than ten pounds I would begin to panic. And no one is more important that you are..so don't go there sedentary ways. Never loose your healthy self in a relationship. See, I did and can, so I'll remain single, it's not that important to me.

We are a civilization of quick fixes and sudden urges, I guess. That is after we realized we let it go on for so long?

We are a civilization where beauty rules; where being beautiful means being loved. Too bad! Learn to love yourself and get a dog :)

It seems we do not love ourselves unless we feel we meet society's standards of Hilton and Richie's slimness; never mind the brainlessness that contributes to the dumming of America. I don't care how rich and beautiful you are, stupid is not attractive. Besides they are merely spending their father's money. If they had to make a living they wouldn't be able to find their way out of a paperbag. I think they are on every magazine cover and cosmetic counter, probably because daddy pays for it. But, all that aside...beauty is what all the young girls deem as most important and use Hilton and Richie as models to live by. So sad!

You know exercising makes you feel good about yourself and makes you feel very attractive. You mind and spirit is all the help you need. We are as young and as attractive as we think we are. Think positive thoughts and create your day. Learn to love yourself by working out and getting your endorphines charged up and you will stop feeling sorry for yourself - which is okay, but in the long term doesn't do you any favors. There is a whole new world waiting for you after you begin to excercise and do things that are positive for your well-being. You know what those things are - so get into YOU. Exercise is the greatest anti-depressant that there is. Exercise and you will love yourself and your self-esteem will grow and hit new highs.

Life is grand so make the most of it and be the best that you can be.

Namaste!

No comments: