Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Great Day on the Trails

Today I rode the M C Trails! I am so impressed with the improvements and addtions to the trail I could just jump and shout!

The overpass is finished and I made a complete 34 miles loop around back to where my car was parked. No more up and back trips for me; they were getting tiresome and boring! Now I have new routes to explode. I am so excited! And they are paved!

I recently got my bicycle tuned up so it runs good. When I frist start out on it I feel like it's too long between seat and handlebars but my back never hurts nor does anything else hurt; so, I guess it's doable! I have five thousand miles on that bike since 2001. I guess if I managed to put that many on, it can't be that ill suited for me. I have done several centures in the past years too; usually, twice a year, spring and then fall. Except for last year I didn't do any.

So today I rode 34 miles. Next time I'll try to do the loop around twice; stopping by my car to get cold water or a snack. There is a quick stop along the way too.

When I get my endurance built up I'll try to do three timesa around for 102 miles....wish me luck! Today wasn't bad but I was pooped. I had yoga this evening and a nap before that. Oh, I ran 13.1 miles in 2:20 yesterday.

Yes, I know I'm a little crazy. But you know what? I can't figure out if I am this active to ward off depressions? Or, if I get depressed if I'm not active? All I know is that I'm high with life after I have accomplished a new milestone for myself. I am lov'n it! Yes, I am truly one of a time.

I'm happy this evening. One of the gals I smiled at on line, smiled back! How lucky can one gal be? She said she is seeing someone right now and only dates one at a time; but, we could be pen pals. Cool! I wish her the best. I just think it means a lot that she even emailed me. We have a tremendous amount of things in common...so cool! And I love her hair!

Okay what else? I had coffee with my sweet friend this morning and we are going riding around the lake in the morning. I hope her knee does good. Poor thing - all that at 32.

I am so very very lucky - thank god, universe, my spirit guides. And thank you for my friends, if they forget! Please keep L,T,D,K and me and all my friends healthy, weathy, and wise. Keep us brilliant and injury, accident, pain free and loved. Love is so important. To love and be loved is the greatest gift of all.

I swear to god, I think of her everyday; that summer love of last year. She is definitely in my heart and in my thoughts as I pedal the trails and experience the beauty of the wildflowers and of nature; spotting the turtles, snakes and listening to the birds along the way. I hope she is okay.

Namaste!

No comments: