Monday, April 03, 2006

Sunny Monday after the Storm

Last night I didn't get to watch the movies I wanted to watch; instead I was sitting in the stairwell reading by flashlight.

I called my friend around the corner and her lights were out too. The pastry and coffee shop down the street in the market square always has power when we don't, so we hung out there for awhile.

There I realized that my laptop wouldn't fire up. Damn! But soon realized I still had about six months of extended warranty. This Averatec 4 lb 11" screen laptop is still made and therefore sold at the same place. Cool! I'll trade it in, I thought.

But, this morning when I got up and tried to fired it up again and noticed that 242 microsoft programs were running so one by one I alt F4'd them, until they were all canceled. And now once again it works fine. I am so happy! I'm not sure what caused it, but recently I noticed I couldn't access Microsoft word. I think several times of not shuting down the laptop properly might have messed it up. Anyway, I know I already had trouble before the storm hit.

It's sunny now, this afternoon. I could curl up in the window like a cat and snooze for awhile...but think I'll play my guitar for a bit.

I worked out on the weight machines and swam today. For the life of me I can't get the crawl down..you know so I look like a true swimmer. I hate the water in my face. But, I am determined and will perservere.

No comments: