Sunday, April 09, 2006

Serve Yourself

Dianne
2006/04/09 12:57 PM
Invaluable Difference.. horoscope for Libra today April 9th, 2006. Says helping, I believe the word was "serving" others will make ME feel valuable if I am depressed today.. I'm not buying it! Serve yourself! MY mother raised me to SERVE HER and others and I felt like a worthless, brainless, servant. I felt SHE was more important than me and everyone else was more important than me. Thank you, too society and organized religion where mostly MALES, and mothers tell young women their purpose is to serve their husbands. Parents always valued males - that was all I heard as a kid. I was very depressed then with low self-esteem feeling useless. Hell, phy-ed was TOO strenuous for "fragile" girls. I hated it! It's only because the males wanted all the glory and the funding.. and women went along with this bull shit. Finally, in 1977 Affirmative Action and later on, maybe 1986? Title Nine.... In this world there should be NO MINORITIES! But MEN want to RULE people. They and the church tells certain groups they are wrong or sick...so they have something to rule over, correct or fix! We should all have EQUAL opportunites not just white males.........now I know they will disagree with me.. but, let me tell you, when I grew up.. this was a major truth! And women doing what was considered "men's" jobs today sometimes are still being paid way less! I just looked in the paper and males (even in charitiable organization - which I will no longer contribute too.. make 300 thousand or more.. and every one else is lucky if they make 25,000. It's because these people, like white males on capitol hill .. give THEMSELVES raises....... okay I'm done ranting. I have found that if you are depressed.. go for a run. I just ran a half marathon today that 13.1 miles in 2 hrs and 18 min. I feel fabulous........so serve yourself.. if everyone served themselves...then we would all be equally happy! No one deserves more attention or is worth more than the next human being.. I don't care if mother's day is fast approaching.. ......they've played that trump card once too many times in my book! There!

No comments: