Sunday, April 23, 2006

I Rode 85 Miles Today!

I'm flying high! My goal is 100..next time.

I rode 85 miles today. It took seven hours one bagel, two snickers, two bags of M&M peanut candy and one 20 oz COKE. And water!

The weather was perfect; in the 70's and a little cloudy most of the day. I rode from home to SIUE, around there about fifteen miles then back again via Lewis and Clark and Old Chain of Rocks, through the park.

I had a blast. I'm still flying high. I wanted to do a century. Last year was a troublesome year and I didn't do a century at all. In years past I did two per year; one in springtime and one in fall.

I felt strong today, throughout and up to the end. My endurance is building! I know running has really helps. Hell, 13.1 is my normal run now. I did it twice Tuesday and Friday last week. I love it! The human body is an amazing magical miracle!

My spirit guides and protects me and keeps me strong of mind and body.

I saw my neighbor when I got home and couldn't wait to tell her. She was amazed. "You rode all that way by yourself?" I had my phone and I'm on a bike path there are others out there. Besides I think positive thoughts to clear my way and make it safe and successful!

I am having a blast! You see, I'm still high from the ride. I get high too, for two days when I run 13 miles.

I don't know if I run to alleviate depression or if I get depressed because I need to run! I'm loving it! I love being active! It seems that the more I do the more I want to do.

Namaste!

May you know the force is within you!

No comments: