Thursday, April 27, 2006

I rode 107 miles in 8 hrs and 38 minutes.

What a wonderful day. Well, I'm not depressed anymore; now I'm happy and feel blessed. My endorphins are high and I'm happy. Oh, I'm tired I've been up since before 5:00 A. M. I left home at 5:30 while it was still dark..I had my bike lights on, front and back. There was no traffic I was loving it. From home all the way down to the river is 13 miles and it went grand. A total of 30 miles up to Lewis and Clark. About six miles to SIUE. I did a 32 miles trail loop around there before heading back home.

At 101 miles I had rode for 8 hours. (I was back in the park when I saw this on my odometer). In 38 minutes I rode seven more miles and that was from the park through traffic to home. My bicycle odometer only measures as I crank..so that is actual riding times. I was out there a total of 10 hours.

Yes, one bagel, before I left, and some during. At 62 miles at a gas and food place I bought a slice of pizza, two snicker bars, two bags of peanut M&Ms and a 20 oz real coke. My furthest point out was about at 50 miles (see my route was perfectly planned with about 50% bike path on shoulder, city streets, and 50% bike trails in MC). My average speed was about 15 miles per hour I guess; although my odometer tells me 12 mph.

I love pushing myself. Well, I got that done for the spring and I'll do another in the fall. Last Sunday I rode 85 miles; so I was itching to do the full 100. What? You think I'll be back out there before fall cranking out another 100? Well, you might be right.

I want to do some running now(not today, I'm not superwoman - next week). I haven't ran for over a week. Well, nothing substantial; I ran with a group Saturday morning, but that was only for four miles. I'm ready to do another 13.1 miles. I love running too.

Running takes less time. I can run 13.1 miles in 2:15 at least. I do however, love the full body workout with riding bicycle. My upper body gets a great workout. I love it. I wore better padded riding pants too today and that helps make a big difference. My ride a road bike, Trek. My jersey has the three pockets in the back, so I can store all my food snacks and stuff. I have two bottle holders for water and soda.

Thank you god, universe, spirit guides for my good healthy, great knees and over all well being.

I know why I was depressed and it was because I didn't do a hard workout for two days. Well, my love life sucks; but maybe it's better than having one who knows? I've given up trying to figure it out. I'm still in love with last summer's love anyway. I think about her all the time even though I am trying to connect with person on line. The other day someone said; it appears you and K are a couple. I said we are friends. Well, people think you are a couple so neither one of you will get asked out. Yeah, like I want to go out with any of them anyway. None of them are my type. I'm becoming a loner except for K and my friends I've known for years.

I feel like I am my own best friend, my best asset. I am so blessed to know that I can challenge myself and my body will follow through. I am so glad that I have the desire to maintain good physical health. I went to yoga classes the last two days; and that really helps too. Life is good! If I am meant to have love in my life, a lover, it will happen. The universe needs to help me on that because I cannot control another's heart. So, in the interim, I just figure..this is the best life can be for me right now. In a way it's too bad, because I am a very giving, loving person.. and I'm hot and quite the catch my friend tell me. And I am!

No comments: