Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Don't ask me why.

I got to bed at 11 and woke up at 4:15 AM? Anyway, it's 6:15, I've taken my vitamins and as I was swallowing my hand full, downed with a protein drink. I clanced through Tuesday's paper and saw my half marathon results. Well, now I'm all excited and wouldn't be able to go back to sleep if I tried.

I came in 13th of at least 124 runners in my 55-59 age group. My time was 2:14:03. The ironwoman (she's really built and does ironman events) was 9th at 2:06. And yes, she has completed ironman competitions. I'm very amazed that I came in 4 places after her!

I got to looking at 60-64 age group and the winner for the full marathon was 5:06 or something; but five hours. So, I'm thinking if I could start now and work on it and keep my steady ten minute mile pace, I could beat that by the time I'm 60. Actually, my time (if I maintain) would be about 4:30.

Now I'm getting excited! I can hardly sit still in this chair. I may have to drive to the park and run around it.. about 5.65 miles.

It use to be 3 miles was hard, then before you know six miles was easy...a "kick start". Well, I was flying high for two days (do you think maybe three days) since I ran 13.1 on Sunday.

Before the race Sunday, in which I only had three hours of sleep- yes, you are seeing correctly. I had a bagel (good idea, time before I didn't and I was a little headed and weak kneed in Clayton, but just had another Accel Gel and I was okay.) I had three Accel Gel throughout the race; one before, one at mile 6 and one at mile 9.

Okay, I'm psyched.....I'll see how it goes. I won't tell anyone. I'll just get out ther one day and see if I can run 15 or 18 miles...WHAT! AM I NUTS?

No comments: