Sunday, April 02, 2006

Easy Day


It's going to be an easy restful day for me today, I hope. It's raining, I'm sipping coffee and reading "The DaVinci Code" by Dan Brown before the moving comes out, in June, I believe.

And although it's actually a little too warm for it.. I'm feeling the soothing essences of a crackling fire.

I'm writing, reading, and playing my guitar today. later I'll watch "Hotel Rwanda" and "Crash" on cable.

I had a wonderful day yesterday with my friends, beginning with the running group in the morning; we ran four miles then headed to breakfast. K still has knee problems and didn't join us. I ran with T&F; a nice relaxing "kick-start" kind of run we called it. "See, we are improving, when four miles doesn't exert any effort at all, but serves as a 'kick-start' to your day"

I returned home in time to shower, gather my golf clubs and pick up my friend, L, and head back to the park. We watched the day blossom into a crystal clear luminous crisp day. It was excilerating just to be part of the day, enjoy my friends and challenge myself to the roughs and sand pits. I haven't played in over two years, but readily fell right back into the same old groove; like riding a bicycle I suppose. My hundred dollar half set of golfs competing with clubs three fold the cost and, I may say, not doing bad at all. They over shot the green a few times, which put me there first anyway:) You gotta love it!

On the course, carrying my clubs in this cool Niki bag with pop out legs and back pack straps, my friends soon discovered I was a black walking advertisement marked complete with Niki swoosh symbols.

At the ninth hole and before there were seven of us gathered for group photos, laughing after nearly booping the heads of the three women playing ahead of us. "Wait De, you nearly hit the woman last time, don't push it." One warned. "Oh, I'll never hit it that fall." Never say never!

It was April fools day and according to the paper no one plays April fool jokes anymore. Well, not this bunch! D&T got us good and told us they were both taking jobs with the same company still, but in Chicago. They even went on to elaborate saying they couldn't decide if they wanted to live in the suburbs or in the city. I opted for city and was getting all excited and looking forward to the tour and readily available B&B. Sounded good to me! Oprah here I come! Of course, I was sad too, and said I would miss them. Then someone popped up and said Amtrack is very cheap and buses only a dollar. It's a done deal! When? Well, after they had us going on long enough they couldn't contain themselves any longer and fessed up. L was mad. I was disappointed almost, in a way; I already had them in a cool condo in the city and myself pictured on Amtrack with Oprah tickets in hand. Damn! Just kidding, almost.

It's raining again; I hope it rains all day and I get my book read.. I love days like this.

The only time rain was better was when I made love all day with her... god, I loved her... still do. I'll love her forever. What magic! Too bad I'm not a magician; I'd get her back over here in a flash.

No comments: