Saturday, April 29, 2006

Frontrunners

Frontrunners is a great bunch of LGBT group of runners. I have great friends there and we get together for bicycle rides too. The people are very nice and easy to talk to.

I just spent the last couple of hours listening all bout a recent river to river relay race consisting of the running three 5k's with about three hours in between. My hats off to what was described as a very well planned event.

Two of the group just completed the Boston Marathon and that two was quit organized with buses taking runners out to the starting point; downside to this - there was a three hour wait before the start of the race. So it was necessary to plan to have correct amount of food in your back pack..where then went back on the bus right before the race.

We are planning on doing the strawberry ride and the donut ride again this year. Also, we are planning on running another half marathon in September. I plan too on doing the biathlon that we did last year.

My legs are feeling strong - I ran 9 miles this morning. Thursday I rode 107 miles in 8:38 (101 miles at 8:00) on my bicycle. Last Sunday I rode 85 miles on my bicycle in seven hours. I did all this without the Accel Gel. Well, I was trying to avoid caffeine and whey protein which doesn't necessarily agree with my delicate digestive system.

I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night and just about fell asleep, sliding my elbow forward on the table. I was up journaling between one and three this morning. I don't know why I couldn't sleep last night? It's a rainy weekend, I bet I snooze this afternoon.

No comments: