Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Enjoying my day!

Funny, it doesn't take much to make me happy. I got a new patio/deck this week. So I moved my meager plastic couple of chairs, plants, and little table out there and here I sit happy as the Lark I'm listening to.

What fabulous weather. My friend K called this morning; we were going to meet up but she had things for class to do so we changed plans to have coffee in the morning before she goes to work.

I plan on having my bicycle mounted on the rack, on the car and ready to hit the east side campus trails. My plan is to do the 32 mile loop around over the new trail overpass. I am thinking positive and assuming that the trail is completely finished. If not, I'll have to go out and back and you know how I hate that!

I had a fabulous run with morning without after effects. My body is becoming more conconditioned to longer runs. So far my top distance is 13.1 and that takes about 2:15 minutes. I did it again today! From home I ran to the park, around the park on the paved trail, then back home again. My GPS registered 13.12 miles at 2:15. I just got back in time to shower then head to my yoga class. I feel great! Of course I have two Glucosamine Chondroitin's before the run along with two ibuprofen before my half bagel. At mile six I had one pack of chocolate Accel Gel with caffeine; at mile nine I had another. I ran non-stop pretty much all the way.

So far so good! I had a light supper; I'm trying to drop a few pounds so the run is a wee bit lighter and maybe faster! I'm curious to see where this all takes me because you know I don't if I stop at 13.1 miles. We'll see!

Bicycling is a great over all workout so I'm looking forward to it. I prefer riding in the city really. But, I guess I'll try the trip. The trails are bumpy and uneven with roots, cracks, ruts; you name it!

I think I just made myself sad..thinking of the past and probably the last time I sat on this patio with her.

I think it's about time for "Commander in Chief"

I'm not sad anymore; nor do I dwell on the past! I'm fabulous!

No comments: