Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Book Reviews


I walked in the rain to Whole Foods, but stopped by Borders' first to page through a few books.

Scratch Mary Cheney's book. I don't care if she is family. I was not impressed with the book or her interview with Larry King. First of all, she stampers over any important political questions and then answered so netural and mutane to make the whole interview a time that in my opinion was not used well, but the same with the writing of her book.

"It's My Turn" For what I guess. The whole book is about her father...He did this; he said that da da da da. Everypage was about the old man. So, I put the book down and went on..

I was not impressed with butch Mary Cheney's appearance. And I mean butch! Her partner looks appears as a clone but only with salt and pepper hair. Their hair dos were identical. And they dressed the same. Her partner was on video not there with her...just wanted to clear that up. They have been together for fourteen years. Mary wants to write a novel next. I wish her all the best.

Okay, so much for that book, then I picked up Ted Kennedy's new book. I was so impressed I have already forgotten the title to it. But, I remember the contents; of course, I knew I could have written the book.. it was all common knowledge. He recaped alot of history, how his brother Bobby fought for minority voting right and general equal rights. He went on to state the problems of the country complete with charts of minimum wage standards from the last, at least, thirty years. She spoke of women still not making equal pay, he wants equal protection and right bestowed upon minorities and gays. He wants a better healthy plan for the whole country. But, he offered no suggestions. Besides even if he did come up with a bill to correct the social inequalities of America the house and senate would not pass it anyway; and if they did Bush head would probably veto it.

Personally, I believe that both parties are pro business and "who-cares-about the middle class". The middle class is shrinking rapidly.

I told Ted Kennedy is pro business because he never said one negative thing about off-shoring and out-sourcing. So, I put that book down and went on ..

I paged through Jane Fonda's book. She looks good. In my opinion I think she looks the best she ever looked. I love the lines..she was sweet caring eyes.

At one point in the book towards the end, she talks about living in Georgia and helping young girls avoid teen pregnancy. She said one in four young girls are molested and abused and most then become pregnant.

She visited a work center for young teenage girls who work while pregnant. One gal was in the beginning stages of labor. Her eyes were sad Jane Fonda said. And said she wished she would have kissed her and hugged her, for twenty years. Reading that made me want to cry. I guess I'm that sensitive too - to eyes. To seeing the sadness hidden in the eyes.

I had a love with sad eyes..I knew everything before she even told me. It was in her eyes. How I loved loving her. My heart wanted to heal her heart and share her pain. I miss her. I shared her pain; she made me feel so needed. It was very endearing for me. I wish I could have her back in my life...just to listen.. maybe to offer advice. I love her. She told me she wasn't what I had made her to be in my head...but she is. I love her because she isn't perfect; just who is? I think she is wonderfully successful and she should be very proud of herself. I pray she is loved because she deserves to be loved. I wish she needed me.

I wish her the best.

So much for my book reviews. Jane Fonda wins out. I almost bought it.. But, figured I got the jest of the book. I live in a small condo....I have to many books stacked all over already.....

No comments: