Sunday, May 14, 2006

"The DNA of Healing" by Margaret Ruby

Just wanted to talk a little about this book. It is pretty much of a re-cap for me. I am aware already that our thoughts and over all mental outlook and attitudes control our health and well-being.

But, what it reminds me to do is to forget the past that each day is a new day. It reminds me that if I am spending time dwelling on the awful things that happened to me in the past, then I am not taking the time to plan my future.. so I'm just drifting along.

Two years ago the universe took over for me when I was unhappy in my life. I was more depressed than I realized. So, the universe, had me fall madly in love..she, although totally out of my reach and extremely unattainable, was the catalyst the changes in my life; the positive changes in my life.

I left a long term relationship and a few months later, I fell in love with another, and about the same time I moved away and stopped speaking to my family. All positive changes. Well, it may not sound like positive changes, but there were.

Even though I moved away, sometimes I still dwell on the past, the bad parts of my past, the negative. So, reading this book helps me to let go of the past.

From now on I will think of only positive loving thoughts and wonderful things to happen for the future. Actually, wonderful things are happening already. I have good close friends, a great condo which I love, I'm still friends with my ex and now I believe us separating actually did her a favor. So this is all good! I did not abandon anyone in the family either...they have each other and they will be fine.

So all in all I guess things are good. I'm a little hesitant about finding a lover. I want one but, I also want my freedom. If we could have a close wonderful relationship that would be cool. I just would prefer we each have our own residence that we can retreive too and call our own space. I believe that is necessary; well, I know it is what I need now. I can be faithful; that easy, I just need my space.

So, since I cannot control anyone else's behavior but my own or influence anyone else, we'll see. It's pretty much up to karma and the universe. It just would be very sweet to have someone very special. I have very special friends that I spend a lot of time doing things with; but there is something very special missing...intimacy. I love be loving....

I hope the next one is as perfect as my last one and that I am head-over-heels crazy about her. But, most of all I hope we have fun and are very comfortable while sharing mutual respect.

No comments: