Monday, May 08, 2006

Bout died on your birthday!

But, since I survived.........oh well....didn't die to live another day....

Anyway, here I am heading out to the PA bridge on the trail. No body out there but me. Oh, just for the guy I passed ways back...no biggie.

I crest a hill, I'm doing 20. I see the old guy in the right lane ahead...just walking slowly ahead of me.....no problem. Right? Wrong!

I begin to move to the left lane to pass...this will only take a second. I check my mirror....it's clear. Nothing is coming up behind me. It's okay to move into the left lane to pass this old dude.

I'm about six steps away...HE decides to make a sharp left...do not ask me why? He does not LOOK first to see if anyone (like me) is coming up from behind. He takes another step and by now his shoulder is about eight inches from mine...........all I can get out is a aaaaaaaaa.

I clear the son-of-a-bitch who never blinked an eye and keeps walking...over my left shoulder I yell; I think I said "asshole - watch where you are going...and then some....don't think I didn't.

In two minutes the guy I passed came up around and said..."I think he meant to wipe you out!"

"Well, he almost did". Whew! He would have scared me more if it wasn't all over in about two seconds. There was no one else in sight! What timing....what karma.......I tell ya.. I draw 'em to me like a magnet! Just what are the odds... if this guy wouldn't have witnessed it.. I would have thought I was losing my mind....he was no where in sight twenty minutes later on my return trip. Go figure!

Note: I don't usually ride 20 mph.. I had a tail wind...but I'm getting stronger..I do it to get the firmness and to feel fit and tight.

Happy birthday to me........

No comments: