Monday, May 01, 2006

My friend - on being priceless...

Just a word about my friend...before I play my guitar or throw another log on the fire.

The wood is burning fast. This will be the last fire of the season. My feelings match the sky. Cloudy! I love the smell of wood burning, the crackling sound, the popping. I'm enjoying my day.. listening to alternative music of the world, a little jazz, a little thing, a little that. Writing! Thinking. Blogging. Pen-paling (she seems very nice, attractive, and grounded).

Okay, back to my friend K. She's very sweet, intelligent and very nice to me. I really like her. I respect her. She brings me things from work and copies of CD. Not that that is required from a friend. It's just the way she is. She's special. We cook for each other at times and watch DVD's and sit together...not close. Hugs, we do hugs ...coming or going hugs.

Yet it hurts a little..not that I would want it to be anything more. But, I would like to know someone like that, like her, intimately. We had the conversation. "No." She said. "What we have is priceless and I don't want anything to mess it up." Hmm. Well, she was right.

But, yet intimacy is a celebration of life, of hearts coming together. A certain sweetness...a wonder.. in just what makes you you and so unique in all the world and so very speical. skin feeling skin, the touch of a woman...the wonder..the beauty...Souls coming together in a sort of spiritual way. Isn't that why we come to earth in each lifetime... for the intimacy? Why do you think we long for it from the time we are born.. to feel honored, loved, connected. It's a gravatational pull like the moon's pull on the earth and the sea, on us...we effect each other... want to realize it or not.. we do...

My love last summer was very special and wonderful we both just jumped right into it head first (I love that:)). We did things in a group, then one day, as natural as could be I found I blew her a kiss. She smiled back, from her kayak, real big smile. I backed my kayak up a little bit. I was a little surprised at what I did. I did love her though. The kiss came natural, because I did love the wonder of her, she was precious. Just adorable. There was just something wonderful about her. Anyway, she emailed me after that asking? I had to admit yes I was flirting. We talked. We kissed and we were on our way... it was wonderful and fabulous and that is the way love should be. Why think so much about it? You know? Like, why all the mental list? Life's too short! Enjoy each other.....

We loved each other. She will always be in my heart. But, the time we needed to be together came to an end..it's just how it works sometimes. I have the priceless, precious memories. I wish her well. I will always love her and she knows that.... now that's priceless!

No comments: