Friday, May 26, 2006

A quick short note..

I love my new Compaq notebook. Well, my other one crapped out today and I had five months yet on my three year warranty that I paid 54.00 more for. So, without question, I was told to pick up another laptop; paying the different of course and now the three year warranty is 79.00 and no longer 54.00. So I am happy! This laptop was priced as 799.99 cheaper than my first laptop.. so in the end I got 28.00 back. I love Sam's. I hope this laptop fits in my old bag. Just doing a visual, I think not.

Well, this notebook comes already with a built in wireless network card. Well, it won't talk to my existing router. So for six hours total I have worked with Lynksys, Charter, and HP. I will resume tomorrow. Right now I am by-passing the wireless remote and hardwiring with a RJ48 from my notebook directly to the back of the cable modem.

Well, I usually use my notebook at the table anyway. I will call Linksys again tomorrow morning after my run and work somemore on this. I have cleared Charter, and HP has had me reload the Microsoft Operating System CD - to no avail. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I miss typing and journaling this is what I wanted to do in the park using their wireless network. I love to sit outside and journal or work on my book I'm writing - a slow process.

I had a great day all in all. I can't keep my eyes open.. guess it's time for bed.

Namaste!

No comments: