Monday, January 08, 2007

Baby Boomers

and I am one. I'll be 60 next September, I'm already preparing myself mentally. I have always done this...prepared mentally a year ahead of time, for years now.

Naomi Judd has a new book out "Aging Gratefully". It's a guide for aging including what she has learned traveling the country speaking to people. She wonders why on ages 18-49 really count in this country? Why society ignores people who are aging who actually have the most wealth in this country.

Per Naomi, we need to center and create our peaceful setting. We need to get into ourselves because we create our own environments. What are our perceptions of aging? Actually, mentally, physically and emotionally I am as young as I always was. I am ageless when I hear a great fun rock'n song. I swing dance like a fool who is margarita induced and Accel Gel powered. I love to dance.

Naomi Judd admits that she had a face lift.. is that cheating?. No I don't think so. I'd say if you have the money and know that the doctors are good..then go for it. We might as well look the way we feel. Since I can't afford it I am pretty set on trying to look the best I can by running, swimming, yoga and exercising because let's face it a body lift would be very extreme and tremendously expensive! Besides exercising, I take supplements for connective tissue, skin and muscle tone. My under arms are more firm and only exercise is truly going to help that. To stay young and reverse aging, don't forget the power of intention...we have the ability spiritually and mentally to reverse aging. We only need to believe, think and feel youthful and we are. Why, just smiling and being happy erases ten years easily. Our attitudes reflect on our faces. Remember we are who we think we are and we create our own realities.

Well, I was just watching Naomi Judd (the mother who is 61 years old now) on Larry King. I'm like her, I'm the happiest I have every been and I have no aches or pains. Diane Sawyer is 60 also; and many more like Goldie Hawn and Sally Field.

I have to add one thing here and that is that I think Helen Mirren is quit cool! She is the academy award actress who recently played "The Queen" in the movie of the movie of the same name. Now, she has naturally aged. I think that British people are not so worried about youthfulness. Which makes me want to say that Naomi espouses that the country is centered on the young, let she plays right into it by perpetuating the fact by playing into it by getting a face lift. I also have "more" respect for Helen Mirren who is her natural self. Actually, I think Helen is much more attractive.

I guess I'm contradicting myself a little bit here too by saying there is gracefulness and beauty in wearing life's experiences on your face for all to see. Helen has a beauty all her own..I like that! She has character to her face..where the more I look at Naomi the more I'm thinking she looks a little like Roseann Barr Arnold; which makes me wonder if they had the same plastic surgeon. Okay, that was a little nasty. Am I jealous - not really.

You should see me in a pair of jeans. size 8/30 low ride, boot leg by Calvin Klein Jeans. Sweetheart, I'm hot! Yes, diet and exercise do does pay off.

Remember eliminate the negative stereotypes on TV who only try to sell us something. Genetics only play 30%, the rest is up to us. Just keep a positive attitude, forget the negative. We create half of our illness..they just don't happy.. we let half of them happen. So think healthy thoughts.

Trust me, no one at the bar yesterday near my age looked as hot as me! They are all fat and I bet I was in the less than 5% there (no matter what age) who exercised. I have exercised all of my life..but you can start at any time.

My message: Get into yourself. You are the most important person in your life. And honor your body! After all your body is a gift! Honor that gift! Do the maintenance..the way you treat your body is the way it will treat you and never let you down!

It's like a well tuned car! I always took good care of my cars..almost became fond of them. But, I found one thing to be certain. That because I took care of my car..it took care of me and got me home many nights when it was late and I lived in the country. My breaks never failed and saved my life many times. Whenever I turned the key, no matter where, or how-late, I always heard that faithful wonderful sound of the engine turning.. I kept my tires new and always made it form point A to B. I prayed too. And was lucky that when I had flats they were always in a good safe place, either at home or in the garage at work.

I am always been grateful for my many blessings. I think being grateful is key to a wonderful life. I thank the universe for my good health, wisdom, wealth (having enough to get by every month) knowledge, common sense, many friends and loves in my life. My safety and being pain and injury free..I am very thankful for. I am thankful that I can do all the things I love to do like run, swim, dance, yoga and bicycle without pain or injury. I am most grateful. I am grateful that I know I can expect to be my best and that I am. I am grateful that I know to do the research and learned how to take care of myself through taking supplements and vitamins too and eating healthy. Thank you God and the universe.

No comments: