Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Stop the Popcorn!

This is the second evening straight that I have had a BIT bowl of popcorn in the evening while watching TV. Bad! See how quickly I can keep up a bad habit.

Actually, I'm trying to save money and eating out of the cupboards and staying out of the grocery store. So far it's working. I need to be conservative with my spending.

I hope I feel like getting out and running in the morning. Today I did yoga for 30 minutes and yesterday too. But, I need to run, swim and work-out tomorrow. So, I need to bundle up and just get going. I have yoga in the evening too.

Today I played my keyboard for the first time in I bet, about a year. I still had it. It a little like riding a bicycle and your fingers remember. That's remarkable! I also still knew "Piano man" by heart. Before that, I sang and played guitar.

I need to work my butt off and get and stay fit. I think that I am fit but I can't let my guard down. I told my friend on day..now is not the time to quit working-out. I could probably turn to mush in about two weeks I bet. Too bad isn't it.

Actually, right now, I am in the best of shape that I have ever been in.. but I know that I can do better. Next fall I'll be the big 6-0 so I need to continue my good work.

Okay time to sketch as I watch the news..

Life is good!

I talked to my ex this afternoon and ran a favor for her. I don't mind at all. In fact, if I don't see her every few days, I have to check on her. After all she is my family.

1 comment:

Cameron said...

How wonderful that you play a couple of musical instruments AND sing! It's a great way to express yourself, entertain yourself and others, and it's also very healing.

I encourage you to do that more often, along with your admirable physical fitness routine.

Do you happen to use a Mac? There's a wonderful music/recording program included in iLife called "GarageBand", which is easy and fun to use.

I'm sure there are Windows applications that do similar things. It's a great way of expressing yourself, and creating your own professional-sounding recordings cheaply and simply.

Have a great day!