Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Interesting, the number of single women is greater then

the number of married women heading households. According to the nightly news, for the first time single women outnumber married women. Many women are putting off getting married, many women just live with and not marry their life partners, many divorced women wait to remarry, or don't remarry. Many feel they like to make their own plans, decorate the way the want and run their lives they way they want. Single women enjoy there independence.

Of course there was no mention of just how many of these women were thought to be lesbians? Okay, let's just assume at least 10% of the women are lesbians. Actually, the number may be even higher than that. Now you know that if the census depicted more than 10% of the women to be lesbians, certainly the government would not admit this. Why the Evangelical Christians would have a fit into rapid fixing. I feel sorry for their poor kids. I'm trying to think of the movie documentary I saw with Becky Fischer, an self proclaimed minister. ..when I find it I"ll add it here. I found it: "Jesus Camp" I felt so sorry for those kids.. they were being brainwashed and they tried so hard to believe all the crap they were being fed. It was very sad!

The news about more women staying single and heading households is wonderful news to me. Why, because as a kid I suffered with the horrible prospect of "having" to get married! My mother said. "You're supposed to!". When I said one day when she and dad were having one of there everyday arguments. "I'm never getting married" I proudly announced. That didn't sit well. She suffered so I"m supposed to suffer is how I felt. Men, well the men, in my family and in general that I knew were yes indeed, assholes.

It was awful living with those people. They were cold and just down right mean. To love was stupid and a sign of weakness. I'm so glad that life (that past life) is far behind me. It was hell.

I'm the happiest now that I have ever been in my life. I guess that is a great thing to be able to admit. Of course, I remained single and independent. I love my independence. I have a lover but I'm not a partner in a relationship and this is perfect for me for now.

In a relationship there is only that 50% chance that she will be more independent, controlling, domineering than I. I think it all depends who love who more? Someone things always get one sided... and always leans towards one partner of the relationship. Just look around you and look at couples either straight or gay and see what you think about this. The stronger personality leads, the one who has the most money has the most power. Or even the one who speaks up first or the loudest gets heard and usually followed..

Anyway, that's my observation and two cents worth...

Have a great day!

No comments: