Friday, January 05, 2007

"Where is the ....

Gelatin?" The guy sales person asked the woman sales person. He really didn't bother looking but moved his eyes in a level swipe down across the long shelf which took a second, then asked her and promptly told me they were out of it. She went to look and found them in two seconds.

It seemed pretty typical to me. "Honey, where's my socks?" or "Have you seen my cell phone?"; " The keys?"

If he finally begins a long promised and awaited for project, she must standby as an assistant and hold or hand him stuff. And this will keep him very happy. Or "Go get such and such". Yes, they can't get much accomplished without assistance or I think of it as a stand by for moral support. Or, do they really just think she wants to just stand there and watch him?

Remember the good old days when young girls only wore dresses and sat by and watched their hero the star baseball or football player "win". It's probably why woman are cheerleaders...the same ancient mentality. As of to say: You sit there and look pretty and I'll show off to you...like I really know what I am doing. And no matter how bad I am you cheer me on like I'm something wonderful but truly I am not and I have a fragile ego that needs to be pumped up all the time or I won't be able to get an erection or fight in a world. I'm a big baby and must have my way all the time too. This is the mentality I am talking about because mama's babied little boys and treated them more special than girls because boy carried on the name and made the living and provided a home and car for the family.

He had his job which was very important and she had her secondary job, taking care of the house, kids and him. And he gave her an allowance. Oh, and he made all the major decisions like what house and car to buy and where they were going to live.

Mothers were supposed to teach their daughters to be polite, docile and to act helpless and always stroke his ego. "Make him think he thought of it."

Personally, I hated all that; why was he better than me. Why did he get all the glory and the fun jobs. Why did you get to drive the car?

No comments: