Friday, March 14, 2008

A Need to Extend Participants Age Groups

Yes, just saw a age 101 guy on TV who just finished a half marathon and is now in training to run a marathon.

I don't know when he started running. But I begin this was his first half marathon. Imight be wrong. His name is Buster he courts a beard and a funny red hat and likes to slud down a pint of dark beer sometimes before a race.

You have to love it. Sometime to aspire to in my old age. Actually, it made me rather excited to see such activities are possible. If he can do it then I can do it. Buster has two personal trainers. I guess after one gets worn out he engages the other. It sounds to me that he works out a lot.

I saw a video piece and he seems very agile and flexible for age 101. Frankly, I couldn't believe it. It was think, tall, straight backed, and like I said appeared very flexible.

Yes, there is hope for us all! Again I'm excited! I'm 60 and I (look) and feel in my 40's . No really. What is great about my age besides not having periods. There is a god! And have Prempro as my only prescribed drug. Now that is something to brag about.

So, if 40 is the new 60, then 80 would be the new 100. But he appears where younger than 80. He moved better than some 60 some year olds that I know. No kidding!

Man, I'm never going to stop taking Glucosamine Chondroitin. The stuff is fabulous. What it does it keep joints, connecting tissue and bones lubricated. An excellent discovery for me.

In my thirties I played tennis, some racket ball, ran, danced and rode bicycle. I truly think tennis and probably dancing hurt my knees. They hurt then but they do not hurt now. I think it was the twisting motion and sudden starts and stops of tennis and the drag between floor and shoe and the twists of swing dancing. Which I love to do.

Anyway, I am very grateful for my good health, safety, and abilities to keep active. Trust me, I know that I am very fortunate and blessed. Thank you, universe! Thank you special spiritual friends on the other side: Ezekiel, Edy and Georgette.

I have two things I could have done this evening. I love my friends dearly. But, I was in a mood to stay at home, save money, and draw and watch recorded TV. I did all the above. I also sang and played my guitar, played four different polkas that I think I'm working on to get nice a smooth for the annual float trip. Yes, I think this year besides singing and playing guitar around the campfire. After I do that, I'll liven things up and play a few polkas.

Also, I have something else to be excited about. A fellow Thursday afternoon group artist has a small gallery in the CWE. And is having a showing March 21st through the 23rd. She asked me for a couple of my pictures to show. I can't tell you how faltered I am she even asked. I've never had an art lesson in my life. But, I'm learning so much from fellow artist. I prefer portraits and live models. I'm not much on scenery. Maybe some day but not right now. I find the human factor so much more interesting. I wish to capture their soul through their eyes. That's my artistic goal. To capture their souls through their eyes. I'm excited! And once again, I thank the universe for my abilities, talents, gifts, my good eye Ezekiel said I had.

You know a few months back in August when I took M to speak with Ezekiel, (my mission, so she could speak to Edy and have Ezekiel help Edy reunite Edy with Georgette. They had been partner in this life for 35 years). Anyway, at that time Ezekiel told me, when she spoke to me, when it was my turn, that I would sell my art and that I would make a lot of money. And that when I began selling, it would really take off. When I got home and listened to the tape. I was thinking maybe he meant that I would spend a lot of money on art (supplies).

Anyway, I'm excited to have two pieces shown at the tiny with gallery Studio 449 Euclid. One is an Asian girl (portrait) and the other is a young woman's profile (rather rounded and a little different looking). Anyway, the studio host picked those two out of the six or seven I had framed up. The other ladies are showing two also. Listen these woman are very talents and have been at it for a long time. They have received awards from the artist guild when they have displayed their stuff there. So, just pray, my stuff doesn't look ridiculous next to theirs. Just hope it blends in. There are two more pencil or charcoal sketches being shown. So hopefully, mine fixs in with the bunch. I love my craft.

I may sculpture again soon. I have three pieces of soapstone. Last summer I attended a sculpturing workshop for a week at the botanical gardens. There were two sculptures form Kimbabwe. I loved what I did. I felt so fortunate to have pieced the best stone. When I walked up to the few pieces of stone to pick one I knew I wanted to sculptor a bust or head, an African head. And yes, there was the stone. It was truly magical. The temperature that week was in the 100's and of course we were stationed outside under a large tent; we have fans and it wasn't really bad at all. I loved it! The Serpentine stone was perfect for the project. After waxed it was a dark brown. Perfect! Other people's stones turned out gray more; so I feel very fortunate that I picked one that turned out to be brown. Also, when I picked up the stone. Which happened to be head size, there was a part that was rather flat, like cheeks, and I could see a possible nose. Toward the would be back it was rounded enough and curved in naturally to form the nape of the head before slimming down toward the neck. It was perfect. I didn't have to chip much (tool were included in the fee) and ruffed up to form (with an attachment to the other side of the hammer) and filed and then really sanded a lot from 80 grade gradually up to 600, then 1500 for a bit. Then on Friday it was heated and wax and buffed.

We have a great group of people in the workshop. My friend just happen to be there that week to do it too. It was great! We had a great time!

So I thank the universe for my many blessings. Can you tell I had a great conversation with my ex today. I think I was missing her. At least once a week, I have to talk to her. I love her and always will. She is family to me. I can't imagine my life without her. And she is very happy with her partner now of probably close to three years. I think for about two years it was long distance, when her partner lived in another state. And now already almost a year that her partner has been up here living with her. I hope they always live nearby. I like her partner. They are very well suited.

Now for me. I split up us. I think I did her a favor. I recently told my friends that. But I was at a function where my ex was with her, her partner. And they were really enjoying themselves. They do a lot of volunteering and things like that together. I'm glad she is happy. And in a way nothing has changed between us. We can still have great conversations about - just about anything. So, it's very cool!

Now for me? Well, that's another situation. I have a tendency to want what I can't have. I aim my sights a little too high, like a plane in the sky. But, that's another day, another entry, and besides I've written about her before. She will always be in my heart too. If I can't have her, then I want someone as loving, warm and wonderful as the good doctor. We had such a wonderful moment. Sometimes wonderful loving moments only take a moment, but can last many life times. I will always love her!

I'm excited about this lifetime. But, I hope I can take some experience and knowledge with me from this lifetime into the next. I guess I want a head start! I like the way I am now. I could be less shy and more brave. But, anyway, in my next life, I will be a lesbian again and I hope my then society will have caught up with the idea! We are just a wee bit backward in that department. My mother will be very loving (like the good doctor) and father will be warm and loving too (I never had any of that in either). They will both we well educated and very professional. They will be behind me in whatever career I pursue be it in the arts or in science. I doubt I would ever want to be a lawyer. But you never know. I will enjoy my work! For sure! I will be an active lesbian at a very young age and have wonderful loves. I will be confident, cute, brilliant, talents, giving, loving and very happy and not scare. There! Everything I didn't have in this life. Well, I am cute, healthy and active. I will be very health conscious and active in my next life too. See that is why I want to carry forward some things I enjoyed in this life or didn't get in this life. In a way I can't wait to experience my new life. But, I do have a few very good years left ..as long as I look good and I am healthy and active.

Universe thanks for all of my many blessings. And thanks for helping me realize the spiritual world is just a thought away. See I did Edy a favor which I enjoyed doing. She had a wonderful way of leading me to M. Oh in retrospect I recall days where I was extremely confident and sure footed (I love that feeling). And the days felt magical, as it was happening, although, even though, I wasn't quite sure what was going on. I prayed for the days to be magical and they were. Anyway in retrospect I have helped people (souls) who are here on earth and on the other side (Edy). It was fun - it still is fun! Life is magical.

So why is the good doctor still on my mind so much? Not long ago I learned that she asked about me (us my ex and I). When I was told I felt lifted off the ground at least five feet. I was flying high the whole week. To think she even remembered me (9/20/04) and then to ask about me. And my friend said she was genuinely concerned. Oh how I love her! I pray for her too, that she is happy, healthy, loves her life. I miss her terribly at times. Her arms around me. My heart ached. Her heart ached. Wow, what a moment we had! Yes, sometimes one magical moment can last many lifetimes. What a wonderful, warm heart. Wow! If only....

No comments: