Sunday, March 09, 2008

A vote for war

I think it is insulting when Obama says Clinton voted yes for the war and he didn't. It's insulting to me. At the time it would have been unpatriotic to NOT vote for G. W. Bush to use HIS GOOD JUDGEMENT and the investigating EVIDENCE as a determining factor to go to war. BUSH abused his power and dreamt up an excuse (now - questionable reports with big TV ad showing Powell sitting behind a little picture of a white tanker truck.

The point is - Obama was not supporting the president after we had been attacked. He was not being patriotic and voting for the president to use his good judgement.

Or did he already know the corporate war machine was already at work. Never-the-less no ne voted with him. So what? He was over-ruled. I still think he actually thought that he was voting the other way.

See I'm afraid of that. I'm afraid Obama was honored by the suggestion of very senior Senators to run for president. How could he refuse, right? But I think even he knows that he is not ready. He admits he loses papers on his desk and says he tells staffers to give him papers minutes before they need to be signed? This worries me? Does he ask them how he should sign them too?

And he voting the opposite of the others also tells me he's the lone wolf and will not or won't work with others. You can't be a lone wolf in the Senate as as the president where compromise is a daily word.

Oh well what do I know - I'm just the 800 pound (soon to be) gorilla sitting in the room (if I don't get out there to run - this morning).

No comments: