Monday, March 03, 2008

poverty

Just watched a show about poverty on M-TV. Man, these kids need to learn to suck it up and stay at home and finish high school, try to go on the college, continue living at home. It's the cheapest! And for god's sake - don't get pregnant!

These kids are trying to live on fast food wages..around $4.00 an hour. That's below minimum wage which is about $6.50 an hour. The last time anyone living on minimum wage income and could afford the average rent to an appointment was in 1986.

Since 1986, wages have not kept up with the ever increasing cost of living. One girl featured on M TV poverty was making less then minimum wage and smoking pot and/or cigarettes. The latter a waste of money and good health for someone without health insurance. And forget the car! Since when does someone need a car to get to high school? Take the bus!

It's hard, very hard raising kids - it's way I never had any! Kids live in a dream world and most need to switch gears and live in reality. If you can think it before you live it then you save a lot of time, pain and trouble. Stay at home and stay in school. Take the words you don't want to hear from your parents. It's cheaper! Save your money in a safe place!

I do feel sorry for the pitiful parents to have kids and don't know how to teach them anything. If kids think they can do better on their own and on the streets they are mistaken!

Play the good kid - stick it out! Suck it up and take it! You know one day - your boss may be as ignorant as your parents but for the money you'll want to stick it out. So consider living at home as training for the real world!

Trust me - one one is boss of their own lives. No one! A mother has the responsibility of taking care of her kids; employees have to listen and do as their boss requests no matter if they disagree or not. It's the real world people!

Learn to discipline yourself! It's good for life experiences. I had to suck in it at home, in relationships, in jobs. I have to suck it up now and live cheaply. We all do.

I was very young when I learned to simply live and live simply. I learned to love my "used" things; books from the library. My simple life. I learned, although very lonely at times, that staying single was the cheapest and safest! Don't let anyone in. If you do you get hurt either financially or emotionally. And you get bossed around. I lost myself being involved with other people.

Now I have friends. And I am careful with them too. No matter what your age. People are looking for hand outs - a place to stay. Look out for yourself. Train yourself. Get educated! Don't be a fool. Have self-esteem. The ones with self-esteem fair the best! High self-esteem is worth its weight in gold.

Friends are priceless but you have to be careful....remember do unto others has you would have them do undo you. And nothing is free. Everything comes with a price.

I like to try to slip through under the radar of life..causing the least amount of waves as possible. I just want to get through this in one piece and as pain free as possible. As stress free as possible. I don't have much; live cheap and mind my own business....flying low under the radar.

So far I have found that I have been the best for myself. I try to hook up with people who can teach me something. Oh they can teach me something okay... and that is to be myself and spend less and depend on myself. Try not to owe anyone anything. Have honor and dignity.....rare commodities....and priceless. Don't be a fool! Make your own way and don't take on dead weight want someone else's problems so you feel needed and loved. In time you'll feel used and cheated. Be careful. It's too bad; so sad but that's the way life can be.

The poorer this nation becomes the less generous people are emotionally and good heartedly. We become a nation of angry people. Our government took care of the poor out of work people in the inner city by offering war to them..talking them into signing up.

It's too bad but poverty breeds even more poverty and our economy seems to be contributed more and more all the time to rising the poverty level and chipping away at the used-to-be middle class.

It is sad!

No comments: