Friday, March 17, 2006

On Being Appreciative

I'm hosting poker this evening with eight poker playing buddies. They are all around my age, 58. And all of them have one or several of the following: Diabetes, high blood pressure, high chorlesterol, bad knees and enduring menopause (for some reason have opted not to do HRT? But I do believe in HRT). They consider themselves old. I put myself in a totally different category. For one thing this is 2006 and 60 is the new 40. Think it and it will be! So, I am very appreciative of my thinking. Once more it works! I feel like 38, look 48. My body looks good! I would date me! I guess that is the highest compliment anyone can pay themselves. I look in the mirror and tell myself I'm cute. How many young ladies do you know you actually think they are cute? I know, not many, I was once one of them. I'm past all that now. I guess you could say that I am unique! Which puts in a quandry. I have to go after the younger active ones on the dating web site; they certainly won't come looking for me in my age group. I have to prove myself. I have up-to-date pictures. I should look good. I excercise every day and just talking about me makes me want to do yoga stretches, swim or run. My knees are good. I take two Glucosamine Chondroitin in the morning and evening daily.

I guess I'm used to hanging out with runners and younger people. All though, many of them are running on their youth alone and do not exercise. I almost feel scared at facing what I could be like. You see, I am very fortunate that I exercise on a daily basis. I have no complaint, no health issues. I am blessed, yes! I thank god and the universe daily for my many gifts.

I am blessed with good health but more importantly I am blessed with the knowledge on how to help keep and maintain my good health. I firmly believe exercise is key and proper attitude and nutrition. Good health doesn't just happen, it's created with from within by thinking healthy and expecting to be healthy. I exercise therefore, I expect to be healthy.

In the spiritual thinking environment we learn that we are in control of our world. We can create our day so be careful of what you wish for and be careful how you think. So, think positive happy healthy thoughts.

I know that I am very fortunate. I have my mind and heart wanting to exercise everyday. My young friend whom I run with wants to skip today she stands at work and her back and knee hurts. So'll we just go for coffee. I enjoy her company. I'll swim this afternoon. Just the thought of skipping a day of exercise is foreign to me. Now, there was a time in my early thirties where I didn't exercise but I got wise and wanted to be the best I could be at 40 and I was. I was running, bicycling and looking trim. I did a good thing for myself. I feel that my body is a gift, I have always felt that way. I cherish this gift and I want to preserve it for as long as I can.

I know that I am very fortunate and that is why I repeat myself: Being grateful for what we have and our good fortune is a good thing and an acknowledging our gifts give us gifts back in return. You see, now I know things can happen no matter what, but my friends expect to be sick at this time in their lives. Yes, they do. You see their parents were sick then too. They don't realize they have some control which is created by their attitude and thinking and general belief. They don't realize sixty is the new forty in 2006. And it is too late for them. They are who they are and they won't change. They have a certain picture of how 50 looks and they are there. So, god help me sometimes I'm a little nervous around them like it's going to rub off. They do not compliement and I usually keep quiet but I was trying to lead and teach by example I have given up on them. They do not want to see. It might be one of the reasons I left my long term relationship. I have a different mind set. I know that I am in a world of my own..but my world works wonders for me and I love it very much, therefore I love myself. It's just the want it works. Some people probably take better care of their cars. Okay, I won't get into preaching any further. Libras teach by example. Well, here I am...but no on is paying any attention and getting on the bandwagon, not even the younger ones. Well, a few are my running buddies admire me. I love 'em. I'm not conceded; I'm good grateful to be conceded. No big head here! And if there is, well honey, I deserve it.

I am truly enjoying my life and love being active that is why I have to find a like minded spirit lover no matter what her age. Also exercising puts me in a good mood and in touch with my inner soul. I appreciate life and the body of my mind, body and spirit.

Namaste!

No comments: