Saturday, February 24, 2007

My god I skipped a day...

Yeah, what happened to the 23rd? I was busy Friday I guess and didn't make an entry until after midnight. No biggie I don't want you guys to get sick of me...assuming someone actually reads these entries once in a while.

However, I did have a great day. First of all like a fool wanting to waste money I told the firewood guy that well okay, I don't need any but I'll take another load of wood. Then I regretted that I said "yes".

Well, he never showed up. I waited for an hour. I called his house and left a message that I changed my mind. So, I saved the money after all. I really do have enough wood to last me through Spring, actually.

So, I escaped and ran the five miles or more to the pool, swam for 35 minutes until it got too crowded. Why they only built three swim lanes, I'll never know?

After I swam I worked out on the weight machines for a few minutes then ran back home the same way.

In the morning when I got up I did yoga for 35 minutes continuously even when the taped show went to commercial and continued. So, I'm flexible and well tuned.

Well, I got my butt into a Speedo two piece that I ordered. Size 8. I'm not sure if I want to keep it.. but probably will since it's an $85.00 suite I got for $28.00. Oh, I know they jack the prices up. How in the world can a skimpy two piece (with no bra, I might add) cost $85.00. That better be some strong material.

I guess I"ll keep the suit. It will be an incentive to lose a few pounds although now I think I could get by wearing it.

My old suit that I have been wearing is heavy dry and very heavy wet as I tug it in my water bladder pack without the bladder. It's perfect for carrying swim supplies on my back as I run to the gym. I use a hand towel. The other day I was in REI, a outdoors sports shop, and saw high tech hand, bath and beach towels in some new material that folds up extremely small in size and fits in a nice little pouch. I was temped to get one...but maybe later. Actually, using the toting the hand towel back when it's wet isn't too bad.

So, I had a great day topped only by my friends coming over in the evening to play poker. It was good to see them. I haven't seen them in a while. Yeah, it was fun and I had some good hands too!

I can't keep my eyes open. I must have worn myself out today. Well, okay then.. good night!

No comments: