Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Small Spaces

Nat on Oprah remodeled a 250 sq ft apartment in New York on a cool like trendy street in Manhattan. I love to live there myself. It was much like our Central West End. So cool!

The whole show was comprised of redesigning and making great design and use of small spaces. Watching this really made me appreciate my small condo. I love it! One day about four years from now I may totally remodel and add shelves for a desk that flips over into a bed. Not the huge one but the smaller double size bed design. Personally, I do not like big beds. I prefer double size. Who needs any more space?

I love knowing where everything is and not having to walk forever or climb steps to get to it. I have close to 1000 sq ft. Nat himself bought and remodeled 550 sq ft and once again it's in that fabulous popular neighborhood he so loves.

Another couple with a baby live in a 550 sq ft apartment. They love it! Once again, if things get to "crowded" feeling they say that there is a popular coffee shop right down the street where the neighbors congregate.

The point of the whole show was that Nat and these people live according to "The Secret". They do not need much and love the simpleness which leaves them so much more room for other things in their life.

This one guy, which is a little extreme, lives in a 96 sq ft little trailor on two sets of tandom wheels. He had the place remodeled beautifully. He say he loves it because he has no mortage and it leaves him to go other things.

At work in the elevator one day, I remember a guy saying that on business he stayed at a Residence Inn which are designed like small apartments with kitchens, living room and bedroom. There's even a fireplace. He said he loved living that simply that he had his laptop and so he had everything he needed. When he said that I recalled that I felt the same way too when I stayed at a Residence Inn. It's all you need. How much time do you spend at home anyway? And what do you do when you are at home? Laundry, cook a little, and watch TV with you laptop on your lap.

It's the life for me. I love my condo and I love where I live. I am within walking distance of every shop and everything I need. I love it! My friends are close by. I no longer have to drive thirty minutes just to get to the city to see my friends. For thirty years I computed and sat in traffic or rode the train. I should have bought over here way back when. But, anyway, I'm here now! I love the city!

No comments: