Monday, February 12, 2007

A Sunny Sunday

I have had a great weekend. Friday evening my ex came over and we tried to hook up my lap top to my flat screen. We got it figured out and now just need to get the necessary cable.

Saturday morning I ran 3.5 miles in 14 degree weather. It was very rough running into the wind especially since I was not dressed warming enough. But, that was the only time that I was cold, well my face and hands were. I had tights on over triathlon shorts and two long sleeves wick away tops and a little hooked jacket somewhat like a sweat shirt cloth jacket. The sun was shining brightly and in the valley out of the wind wonderfully warm.

The breakfast meeting following the run was great with my very special friends. We enjoyed good food, lots and coffee, and great discussion talking about up and coming events. I haven't decided if I will run the half marathon or work the water stop. But, I did decide and volunteered to get people on board for the pride parade and working our booth in the park. It will be fun and I'm looking forward to it.

Saturday afternoon I rode with L my friend (former partner and whom I consider my "family") to an outlet mall to guy a two more pairs of my favorite running shoes. Thursday she was there with a friend and spotted my "shoes" that I wear all the time. The NIke "Free" 5.0 very flexible and light weight running shoes.

Today, sunny Sunday, I ran 13 miles at lease. Well, I ran from home to the park which is 3.50 miles and then it's 6 miles around the park, which I ran, then I headed back home..so I did the 3.50 again that's 13 miles. It was fine! A wonderful run, I ran it on ginger cookies and coffee when I got to the far side of the park at about miles 7 I had an Accel Gel pack to get me the rest of the way home. That's good! today I wore shorts, a short sleeve top with a long sleeve top tied around my waist just in case I got chile. It was about 40 degrees this afternoon when I ran and a big difference from the morning before when I ran and it was 14 degrees.

I ate when I got home Chicken, vegetables and brown rice, then I did some running around. I am looking to get my guitar restrung and toned. Maybe I'll try to change the strings myself tomorrow! Oh, how hard can it be? If I fail, I just wasted a set of strings! I went pass the guitar shop today but they were closed for Sunday.

This evening I had my two cute friends over to watch last weeks' L Word and this evening's L Word. This season is a knock out filled with lots of laughs and witty layered plots. Just fabulous writing this season.

I'm getting tired now...but I have so much I want to do yet that I fight sleep. I'm watching the nightly news. More girls are wanting to be nuns. In Michigan the convent is filled with young girls. Oh my god! I hope they are all lesbians. The ultimate sacrifice! It's an eight year journey and they get them young. The average nun in America is 69 but with more young women entering the convert things are changing and more members are younger.

And China is getting more Americanized than ever for a communist country with opening more and more McDonald burger businesses. For a tea drinking country, Starbucks is hitting it high converting many over to coffee. Personally, I think this is fabulous news.

I don't want to because I have so much more I want to do like sketch and read..but I can't keep my eyes open.

I had a great time with my ex on Friday evening and again on Saturday afternoon. I am so happy that we are "okay" and best friends. We have each other's backs. We had fun! We have a silent understanding between us.. I think it's called "history" and took place over 15 years. So, yes, it's comfortable.

I am very blessed and grateful for all of my blessings like "The Spirit" suggests I am thanking the universe for all of my blessings of having enough and expecting so much more in every aspect of my life. I am accident, injury, illness free! I'm celebrating good health, youthfulness and the fact that I am getting younger every day. I embrace and love life. After I have seen the Oprah show celebrating women in their 50's and up and seen how hot they look I am actually, excited about turning 60 next September! These "Dove" mature beauties who were featured said happiness and positive thinking and doing what you love is key.. oh and moisturizer, lots of it. Bobbie Martin the makeup expect says most moisturizers have a little oil but she believes in using oil itself. She didn't say which? Or they she suggests a brand. She probably has her own product line; or does she uses olive oil. Joy Oberah on "The View" says use olive oil. "I'm Italian we use olive oil all the time".

No comments: